Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side mirror works, but is way slower than the passenger side.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Of course Honda says it's OK... Quote..."it works"

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
TheRidgester said:
My drivers side mirror works, but is way slower than the passenger side.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Of course Honda says it's OK... Quote..."it works"
What is slower, the heating of the glass or the adjustment moves:confused:

I would use a stop watch and get the fact done to the millisecond, then take your data back to the dealer and shove it up his........
<
<
>
nose!:D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tex's Ridge said:
What is slower, the heating of the glass or the adjustment moves:confused:
I should have explained better. The heater in the drivers side mirror takes approx 4 minutes to clear during mild frost, vs. 30 to 40 seconds on the passenger side..
Also I tried backing the RL in thinking maybe the west wind is colder than the east?? same results no matter what direction its faces all night. For now nights are very mild. I am going to wait, park at the Honda dealer and spray a mist of water over the mirrors until they freeze over, then bring the service manager out and let him decide. It just urks me that to get most things fixed now a days, you need to go thru several layers of useless people till you get someone that gives a *)';:! about their job, or someone that can actually make a decsion.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just noticed that the driver mirror would clear up on it's own. This I noticed while on my way yesterday (7:30AM) to play golf. (Sorry to rub in the FL weather) Only the driver mirror cleared up. I did notice tonight (7PM) that with the humidity being high, I used the manual switch on the driver panel that both mirrors cleared up. Anyone else come across this?:confused:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ed Shuerger said:
I just noticed that the driver mirror would clear up on it's own. This I noticed while on my way yesterday (7:30AM) to play golf. (Sorry to rub in the FL weather) Only the driver mirror cleared up. I did notice tonight (7PM) that with the humidity being high, I used the manual switch on the driver panel that both mirrors cleared up. Anyone else come across this?:confused:
I don't have heated mirrors, but I thought you had to turn the switch on manually for it to work at all. I have the RTS and the mirrors will clear by the time I get to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts