Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

221 - 222 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I only have 1 other car to compare to - a Volvo V40 in the 90s. Back then, I never really needed or wanted them, but I rarely felt cold. I thought they were a silly luxury, really only useful after a day skiing. Now with age, I love the heated seats.

The seats definitely take a minute or two to kick on, but I have been loving the remote start. Even a minute makes a difference. They warm up well, and we've only had one day so far where I was tempted by the HIGH setting. My wife uses that one a lot though.

The steering wheel is like black magic, I had no idea what I have been missing. It heats up almost immediately and it is amazing how it makes the whole body feel more comfortable. It is also funny how the cold spots, like the switches, feel so starkly different. It is like you can feel your standards raising in realtime "ugh, why is the ACC switch so cold!!! I need a BMW! I bet they have heated switches!"

All in all, I am impressed with this feature set. I don't live in an area where cooled seats make sense, and I honestly had never even heard of that until this forum, so I don't think I miss them. I sympathize for those in the south, though. I grew up in Missouri where vinyl car seats and metal seatbelt buckles were deadly concerns in the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
I have been using my seat heaters for the last couple of days and have been generally pleased with them. The Ridgeline seat heaters may be slower to perform than my former Miata's and not get as hot but they are ok. The Miata's seat heater had more settings and could get too warm for my general comfort, however, my lower back and 'roids appreciated the additional heat of the Miata on cold days.

221 - 222 of 222 Posts