Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering.........which part of the seat has heating elements? The bottom cushion? The seat back? Or both? How fast do they heat up, and do you like them?

Still haven't got my RL yet. Trying to desperatly unload an '04 Tacoma in immaculate condition. I hate Pittsburgh! :mad: (most Pittsburghers buy cheap Chevy's)

Speaking of which, why is Kelley Blue Book so tilted towards the dealer's benefit? I mean I have a perfect '04 Tacoma double cab, KBB trade in is 17k, and dealers are selling them at 26k. NADA is much higher, but the Honda dealers seem to go by KBB.

I owe 21K. :rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would advertise it and sell it privately. You should be able to get the same price that dealers are selling them for. Maybe even a little more if you have some accessories on it and find the right buyer.
I like Pittsburgh. I went to High School in Bethel Park and College at Robert Morris. That was back in 1971. Yikes! I still have a friend that I visit in Bethel Park.
Now back to our regularly scheduled topic, the drivers seat is heated on the back and the seat bottom. The passenger is seat bottom only due to something about the air bag sensor for a small person or child.

Come to the ROC at the ROC (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) in CLEVELAND on November 5th to meet a great group of people and see their Ridgelines up close and personal. Since you are not an owner YET, I have offered to buy any prospective Ridgeline owner a cold one if you come to the meet. Of course the 'cold one' will have to be ice cream since we are driving, right? Please do whatever you can to come. It will be a great time. We would love to see you there!

Maybe if you advertise soon you will get lucky and can drive your own Rridgeline to the meet! You won't regret it!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love the heated seat feature.I work third shift so it makes me warm and cozy on my drive home zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.BEEEEEP !!! :eek: seriously it is a great feature. Best of all-----> When its 84 degrees out, you can flip the passenger seat on high and not say anything and watch your teenage son sweat it out. :D Does life get any better than that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The driver's seat has heating elements in the seat portion and the lower back portion. The passendger seat has heating elements in the seat only, due to the sensors for the automatic airbag.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
I would advertise it and sell it privately. You should be able to get the same price that dealers are selling them for. Maybe even a little more if you have some accessories on it and find the right buyer.
I like Pittsburgh. I went to High School in Bethel Park and College at Robert Morris. That was back in 1971. Yikes! I still have a friend that I visit in Bethel Park.
Now back to our regularly scheduled topic, the drivers seat is heated on the back and the seat bottom. The passenger is seat bottom only due to something about the air bag sensor for a small person or child.

Come to the ROC at the ROC (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) in CLEVELAND on November 5th to meet a great group of people and see their Ridgelines up close and personal. Since you are not an owner YET, I have offered to buy any prospective Ridgeline owner a cold one if you come to the meet. Of course the 'cold one' will have to be ice cream since we are driving, right? Please do whatever you can to come. It will be a great time. We would love to see you there!

Maybe if you advertise soon you will get lucky and can drive your own Rridgeline to the meet! You won't regret it!

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I was also wondering about this, I have a 2001 Prelude I'll be getting rid of to hopefully get an RL, how does selling it privately work if the bank technically owns it? I owe 7500 on the Lude, and they're selling around 13-16k, but I'm sure the dealer will only offer 10K-ish

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Just because you owe a balance on a car loan you are not limited to trading at a car dealer. If you sell it privately as long as you pay off the loan (or re-finance) with the proceeds of the sale, they will release the title to the new owner.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
rtboy1961 said:
I love the heated seat feature.I work third shift so it makes me warm and cozy on my drive home zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.BEEEEEP !!! :eek: seriously it is a great feature. Best of all-----> When its 84 degrees out, you can flip the passenger seat on high and not say anything and watch your teenage son sweat it out. :D Does life get any better than that?
I did the same thing to my sister when she first rode in my Forester several years ago, she was not to happy with me when she figured out why it was so warm even with the AC on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the responses. I would have never known about the passenger seat being different than the drivers seat. Very good info on this site. :)

As far as selling my Taco privately, that's what I have been trying to do since May. Nobody has looked at it yet, and I have dropped the price $4k since. (now at 20k on 3 web sites) My pay off has me close enough that I am considering trading it and taking a loss, only because of the RL pricing right now. I really can't wait much longer. I mean, what if the price of gas falls? Or if word gets out about a highly rated truck from Honda? Pictures of the Ridgeline plastered all over the magazine covers as Motor Trend's Truck of the year takes notice? Prices would surely go back up, and I will have wished a took a small 2k loss on trade.

BTW, I haven't noticed the local RL inventory changing much lately. Have seen NO new RTL's W/Navi in months. (at lease at the 3 dealers I regularly browse).

Thanks again for the responses, and the ROC @ ROC sounds great. I now have a goal.....a Green RTL W/Navi by November 4th! :D Thanks ultra-HOG! (mint Chocalate Chip on a sugar cone)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Fins,

I left Pittsburgh in '95 after doing my time, er, living there for 11 years. Not all memories are bad, just the ones that stand out ;-)

Seriously, do "yunz" have a Carmax there? They buy cars outright. I doubt it would be much better than your offer from the dealer, but ya never know? Might be worth checking out.

Let's Go Pens!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I love the heated seats. It boosts my dual comfort. I like it warm, hubby likes it sub-zero. I didn't realize that I'm missing out on the back warmer in the passenger's seat.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
You can have your back and buns toasted real fast! I have started up the truck and driven about 200 yards to the complex exit and turned the heat from high to low this morning! The seats warm up real fast to me!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that I am an owner, and it's freakin FREEZING here in pitt........I can agree. They warm up fast. No more than 3-5 minutes, and you are feeling the heat. Definatley a great feature if I ever get a remote start!

fins

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heates seats are great if your back is sore or have lower back trouble. Be nice if they vibrated too..(minds out of the gutter people)...:D .......Maybe in the next design revision

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hello Fins2theright,

The heated seats are great, but just a note of caution. The Ridge has two settings for the heated seats: Hi and Lo. Hi is supposed to be used until the seat heats up. Once the seat is warm you should switch to Lo as keeping it on Hi will drain the battery.

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 48 Posts