Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've noticed that the switch for the passenger side seat heat doesn't light up. It's not a big deal, but I would like it to work like it should. Has this happened to anybody else? If so, what's the fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The dash bulbs in the RL seem to burn out easily. If you search, someone might have posted the bulb number, or you can just get them over the counter at your dealer's parts department.

To lessen the chance of it from occurring in the future, dim your dash lights by about 20% or so.

Chip H.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anyone find an LED replacement for these little bulbs yet. Might be a better alternative rather than having them burn out so often.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Must be something to do with the half life of the bulb. I have the same problem with my passenger heat seat switch. How do you replace the bulb? Anyone know how, thanks in advance...Red

·
Registered
897 Posts
Must be something to do with the half life of the bulb. I have the same problem with my passenger heat seat switch. How do you replace the bulb? Anyone know how, thanks in advance...Red
Just pop the switch out and there are (3) bulbs in it I believe, they will be small black things that look like gears on the switch back, the bulbs are under those.

is this going to cost me extra!!!!!!!!
I lied, I don't think I have the right size...then when I checked how much they cost, I said HMM, and I think you've got something else going on there, like a missing ground.

I'll take a look for free...:cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just pop the switch out and there are (3) bulbs in it I believe, they will be small black things that look like gears on the switch back, the bulbs are under those.
What do you use to pop it out? Can I just use a screwdriver? Does it pop out as easy as the map light button covers?

Thanks again...and my apologies for my ignorance. I am not the most mechanically inclined person.:D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have no heated seats and no longer does the wife either :( I thought there was 1 faux button between them that you could pop in (don't drop it) then you could fish your hands around back and release the tabs for the switches...but it's been about 2 years since I tried it and as stated, none at home to practice on.

If trying anything with a screwdriver, make sure to at least put a run of electrical tape around the contact points with the plastic so you don't mar the fascia area.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Both my bulbs burned out for the seat heater switch. It was still under the 36,000 miles 3 year warrenty. They replaced both at no charge.
Everything in the truck is good for 36 months.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have no heated seats and no longer does the wife either :( I thought there was 1 faux button between them that you could pop in (don't drop it) then you could fish your hands around back and release the tabs for the switches...but it's been about 2 years since I tried it and as stated, none at home to practice on.

If trying anything with a screwdriver, make sure to at least put a run of electrical tape around the contact points with the plastic so you don't mar the fascia area.

There are no tabs to release. The switch is actually screwed into teh panel from teh back side. If you try to pop it out from the front your just going to break stuff.

Im going to see if i can do this right. Im going to try to add the steps her for you guys.

First you need to remove the dashboards lower trim.

From under the dash, detach the clips, release the guide (A), then remove the driver's console side trim (B) and passenger's console side trim (C).

Open the center lower pocket (A), and remove it by pulling the bottom of it up.

Remove the dashboard center lower cover (A).

-1 Remove the screws (B).
-2 Pull out the cover to release the clips (C, D).
-3 Disconnect the seat heater connectors (E) (for some models) and accessory socket connectors (F).

·
Registered
897 Posts
There are no tabs to release. The switch is actually screwed into teh panel from teh back side. If you try to pop it out from the front your just going to break stuff.
:eek: thanks for posting this up...this is why you should always check what you read on the net :eek:. I was definitely thinking of the dome light switch...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lowrunner you are the man! I will give it a try soon and try to take pictures of the process for everyone. That way everyone can see me either be successful or destructive :D

It's ashame that these things are going out so soon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anytime i can help. Just give a shout. I have complete acces to all the service manuals and electric schematics. Atleast until i quit and find another job. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just went to the dealer and they said bulb cost 9.00 ea. and 50.00 to replace. I asked if they could just replace them both for the 50.00 labor charge and he said it would be 50.00 for each one, so 118.00 for both.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts