Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to disable heated seats being turned on during remote start? I didn’t see any vehicle setting for this.

My ‘21 is turning driver AND passenger heated seats up to mid level and I have to turn them off (well for sure the passenger one) as they still run even without passenger weight detected.

side note: would be nice to tie into passenger seat airbag weight sensor to not run the headed seats with it empty.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I could be wrong, but aren't the seats controlled by separate switches?
L & R?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Is there anyway to disable heated seats being turned on during remote start?
You could disconnect the seat heaters or pull their fuses.

I could be wrong, but aren't the seats controlled by separate switches?
L & R?
2017-2019 Ridgelines have rocker switches for the seat heaters that stay where you leave them. 2020-2022 Ridgelines have pushbuttons for the seat heaters - the seat heaters come on automatically during a remote start if it's "cold" outside.

If it's not "cold" outside, the seat heaters should not activate during a remote start.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Once upon a time, people complained that the seat heaters weren't programmed to come on automatically if you used the remote start.......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once upon a time, people complained that the seat heaters weren't programmed to come on automatically if you used the remote start.......
Ha, yup.

But also it‘s a bad assumption on their part to assume a passenger will be getting in. Which would be fine if they took advantage of the weight sensor already in the seat to disable the heated seat if no weight is present once the vehicle is put into gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not aware of any setting you can change. It is all based on outside temperature:

While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically precondition inside the vehicle.

When it is warm outside:
• The climate control system is activated in recirculation mode.
• The seat ventilation is activated. * (not for the US models)

When it is cold outside:
• The defroster is activated at a moderately warm temperature.
• The rear defogger and door mirror heaters are activated.
• The seat heaters and heated steering wheel are activated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts