Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and searching the archives for this problem but haven't found it, so here goes.

I've had the poor floor heat thing from the time I bought it in October 05, but just thought it was a poor design. Recently, I would feel cool/cold air throughout the cabin while I was driving with the heater on. I had my wife try the passenger side vents and to both our surprise, there was cold air blowing from her side and the defrost vents. All of this cold air is blowing out every vent except for the 2 vents on the driver's side. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help, as I have called the dealership and they want to charge $109 just to look at it and then told me a ballpark figure of somewhere in excess of $600 to fix. That is crazy to me. Help.

Signed...Blazing hot on the driver's side...freezing everywhere else!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Count yourself lucky your getting heat, being the driver!!!!!:act024::act024:

Sorry my friend, sounds like your gonna have to pay. Hope you know a good mechanic, other than the Stealership!

·
Registered
635 Posts
There's a built-in diagnostic in the heater control.

You should be able to find the procedure, or somebody with the right manual will provide it.

The diagnostic may not tell you if something inside your dash was assembled wrong, but it confirms whether several components are functional.

:act018:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been reading and searching the archives for this problem but haven't found it, so here goes.

I've had the poor floor heat thing from the time I bought it in October 05, but just thought it was a poor design. Recently, I would feel cool/cold air throughout the cabin while I was driving with the heater on. I had my wife try the passenger side vents and to both our surprise, there was cold air blowing from her side and the defrost vents. All of this cold air is blowing out every vent except for the 2 vents on the driver's side. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help, as I have called the dealership and they want to charge $109 just to look at it and then told me a ballpark figure of somewhere in excess of $600 to fix. That is crazy to me. Help.

Signed...Blazing hot on the driver's side...freezing everywhere else!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the FIX TO THIS PROBLEM!!! After spending over $1000 at the dealership to no solve a mechanic friend thought it may be the heater core as there is a distinct division line running down the middle of the core dividing passenger side to driver side. If it plugs only one side gets the heat, whichever side that isn’t plugged. He took 10 minutes to unhook heater core hoses and flush it through with a garden hose and air pressure hose. He hooked it all back up again and started the truck, turned on the heater and like magic, BOTH sides worked again!!!!
Best part is he did it for FREE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts