Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove a 2017 T model 2 WD yesterday and when I cut on the heater fan it created a very noticeable vibration that sounded like it was an out of balance fan blade asm. or motor vibration .. As you raised and lowered the speed the vibration
would come in and out ..

Guess this might be added to your check list when you buy your Ridgeline.

Anyone else seen this one?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Probly mice in the truck already. It has been a very common occurrence here in CT. This year or last year ,depending how you look at it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
All it takes is a tiny bit of debris to cause that. It can happen to any vehicle.

I'm confident once you check the fan (resembles a hamster wheel) you will find something sitting in it. Once it's in there, the fan becomes a gravitron, further embedding the foreign matter into the fan. It will never come out on it's own.

I have pulled near 100 automotive fans in my lifetime to remove stuff.

Maybe I will post the pic of an honest gallon of acorns that were stored in my wagons spare tire compartment this winter :)

I have already found acorns in the G2, on top of the transmission, sitting right next to the shift linkage and trans lines.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I pulled my cabin air filter yesterday just for the hell of it and found once you had the filter out, you had easy access to the birdcage (for cleaning). It sits just below the filter.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have seen many mice deterrence ideas. Peppermint oil, only the oil not the candies. I use, I think its called Cab-out. Haven't looked at package for awhile. In garage. Seems to work. And when it doesn't I have the regular mouse traps that gets them once and for all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts