Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 6000 miles experience now with my 2022 RTL in now winter conditions, I am noticing that for example when I set the temperature initially to say 72 degrees at start of a trip, that the temperature of the air out of the vents seems correct. However as the trip progresses for the next 1/2 to 1 hour or more the temperature of the air coming out of the vents cools down requiring that the temperature setting to have to be gradually increased to as much as 76 degrees to maintain the desired air temperature. A small but aggravating problem. Anyone else notice this issue?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
638 Posts
Seems logical to me. Hotter air when you start out because the cabin is cold. As the temp in the cabin goes up, less heat is needed to maintain the set temp. I don't worry to much about what temp I set it at degree wise, if I'm cold I raise the temp if I'm warm I lower it. Unless I'm not understand you.

·
Administrator
21,215 Posts
I've noticed this on my '21. It's not an issue on my 20-minute commute, but on longer trips the heater will maintain a steady temperature then at some point it will start blowing relatively cold air forcing me to increase the temperature setting to compensate. I've found the HVAC systems in my 2017, 2019, and 2021 Ridgelines to be poorly programmed relative to other vehicles I've owned with automatic climate control.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, the Auto setting in my 2017 BE is horrible through the transitions of air temperature during cold days: hot-to-cold and vice versa. My older Pilot, Accord, CRV, RDX were very gradual.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
638 Posts
Once again I am one of those members that has not been "spoiled" by better systems in other cars.
Oh, the calamity of it all! 😎

·
Registered
457 Posts
This wouldn't be related to the ECON button I assume? I keep mine at 72 and haven't noticed but my commute is probably 20-30mins so maybe it's just too short of a trip.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Once again I am one of those members that has not been "spoiled" by better systems in other cars.
Oh, the calamity of it all! 😎
Modern cars do almost everything “automatically”……some a little better/worse than others. Life’s a beach, ain’t it.🤦‍♂️

Reactions: DTHughes

·
Registered
2017 RTL
113 Posts
This is going to be designed as a closed loop negative feedback system. Bang bang, PID, who knows what kind of control loop they are using. However, I bet the sensor for the temperature is in an unfortunate place. It thinks it is holding temp, wherever that sensor is located. But alas, the fleshy bit on the inside perceives it as chilly! Probably no great fix for it. You may get better results depending on the direction of the blowing air, but that's just a guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts