Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blower fan in my '08 RTL does not come on for any setting. Before servicing at the dealer I thought I would check fuses. From the schematics of the fuse boxes in the manual I am not sure which covers the blower fan as many fuses are identified by letter acronyms. Can anyone point me to the correct fuse to check?
There is a fuse identified as "cooling fan", but I am not sure if it is the radiator fan or the AC fan. That fuse looks OK. Are there any other checks that I could perform, pre-servicing? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
Do the dual radiator fans come on? They should come on when you turn on the AC. I had them both fail and it turned out to be a connector failure behind the dash.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
The blower motor Relay and fuse are the ones to check. Sometimes the blower resistor is at fault too.
The blower motor relay is a typical 4-terminal one in the engine bay fuse box, next to the AC compressor clutch relay. This fuse box is close to the firewall. The Radiator & Condenser fan relays are located in the auxilary relay box, under the hood, and lower in the engine bay (by the washer fluid reservoir next).
also check the fuses in the Multiplex unit in the Dr side footwell.

Cooling fans are the fans on the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts