Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many threads related to tonneau covers but I can’t find the answers I’m looking for.

If you’ve installed a tonneau, can you post the make and model of the tonneau you installed and a measurement of the bed height with the tonneau installed?

If I go the tonneau route I’d like to get one that leaves / creates the most room in this shallow bed.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just what I was looking for. I’m sure they’re all about the same but every 1/2 inch matters when we’re only dealing with +/- 16”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Great idea to round up this information, but in order to make meaningful comparisons, it would be best if all measurements were taken in the same way. For instance measuring from the tops of the ridges on the truck bed floor would give a different measurement than measuring from the bottoms of the ridges. Also should the measurements be made to the bottom of the lowest point of the cover (usually the bracing or latching hardware) or to the bottom of the bed cover top material?

I suggest measuring from the tops of the bed ridges since that is what most cargo will sit on.

I also suggest providing measurements that include and exclude any cover hardware that extends below the cover since that may or may not contact the cargo depending on the size and shape of the cargo.

Photos show measuring methodology, measurement to lowest hardware (15-1/8") and measurement to bottom of cover (16-1/2").

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Most of the soft covers have arched beams to assist with water/snow run off. You'll always have more room under a soft top. You trade some security but gain ease of removal (and weight/portability in general).

I have an Extang Trifecta Classic (canvas vs vinyl finish). I've used them on 4 different trucks and never an issue.

I will measure the different heights (from the top of the floor ridges) at lunch today and report back.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Most of the soft covers have arched beams to assist with water/snow run off. You'll always have more room under a soft top. You trade some security but gain ease of removal (and weight/portability in general).

I have an Extang Trifecta Classic (canvas vs vinyl finish). I've used them on 4 different trucks and never an issue.

I will measure the different heights (from the top of the floor ridges) at lunch today and report back.
Well, that was not as 'world changing' as I thought...the cross members on the Extang are not as arched as they appear.

Here are the Extang Trifecta measurements that would apply to the Standard (vinyl) or Classic (canvas) as they use the same frame:

• Top of floor ridges to gasket at rear: 17.0 inches
  • Top of floor ridges to bottom of cross beam at highest point/middle: 17.5 inches
  • Top of floor ridges to actual cover material (just for info purposes): 18.25 inches

Bottom line is a lot of stuff you'd think would not slide under the cover actually will - like a lot of full size coolers, etc. Not a huge difference but definitely more usable height that hard covers...

·
Registered
2018 Touring (🍁) - Deep Scarlet Pearl
158 Posts
Undercover Ultraflex:
15 inches from top of bed ridges to lowest point of latching mechanism, center of bed.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
552 Posts
Diamondback SE: 16.5 to 16.75" from top of bed ridges to bottom of cross-braces, depending on where I measure it, but down to about 16" to the lock rods closer to the side rails. There is some extra heighth if I positions something between the cross-braces.

·
Registered
2019 RTL White
54 Posts
Glad I found this link - It looks like 16 inch rubber-made containers could be questionable to slide in under some of these covers. I'll have to choose very carefully.

Thanks to all the contributers

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
111 Posts
Glad I found this link - It looks like 16 inch rubber-made containers could be questionable to slide in under some of these covers. I'll have to choose very carefully.

Thanks to all the contributers
2021 RTL-E

BAK Revolver X4s = 16.25-inches

Measured from the top of the bottom to the bottom of the top…

EDIT: I’ve added some photos of the Yeti Tundra 65 to this thread. The cooler is 16-inches tall and fits perfectly (as you can see in the pictures below) under the closed cover. Yes I know it’s expensive and I did NOT want to buy a Yeti — but the fact of the matter is, it was the only cooler I could find that would fit under the cover. So I’ve got that going for me when I die…

Wood Bumper Grey Rectangle Automotive exterior

Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive tire Wood

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle Office equipment

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Product Gesture Font Material property Technology

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
2019 RTL White
54 Posts
Hey thanks for the excellent pics. I'll Take a look thanks - I have the same color, so there's that. Looks great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A.R.E LSII - 15.5" at the lip, 18" lowest contour (left & right), 19" highest contour (center).
Could you tell me if the 18” here is from the top of the grooves in the bed or the bottom? I’m waiting to throw my pressure washer in that is exactly 18” tall, but is on little metal skids that fit between the grooves….

·
Registered
2019 RTL White
54 Posts
All good Info. Thanks. So I have 3 requirements for a Cover - Security, Hard Cover, Would like to keep my top tie downs. Still Searching for the Perfect cover. Over 16 inch clearance would be nice.

I see a spreadsheet in my future.

Looking at Peragon cover and Kind of Like that BAK Revolver X4s

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
111 Posts
All good Info. Thanks. So I have 3 requirements for a Cover - Security, Hard Cover, Would like to keep my top tie downs. Still Searching for the Perfect cover. Over 16 inch clearance would be nice.

I see a spreadsheet in my future.

Looking at Peragon cover and Kind of Like that BAK Revolver X4s
If you have a locking tailgate — the BAK Revolver X4s IS secure and IS a “hard” cover (when rolled-down) — I don’t know how much weight it can support, but I bet their website probably calls-it-out.

·
Registered
2019 RTL White
54 Posts
If you have a locking tailgate — the BAK Revolver X4s IS secure and IS a “hard” cover (when rolled-down) — I don’t know how much weight it can support, but I bet their website probably calls-it-out.
I can't imagine putting anything on top - I will get the Lock once I finally get a cover. That the BAK Revolver X4s looks like a contender. I use my upper tie down quite a bit though. Not sure if they would be in the way or I just need longer bolts to keep them.

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
111 Posts
The aft uppers (at the tailgate) can stay — the forward uppers require modification.

EDIT: See the pictures posted here (#11 in the thread below) to see the tie downs and why the forward uppers would require modification.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts