Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ! I've been lurking on the sidelines for the last 6 months or so, trying to learn as much as possible about the Ridgeline. And you guys (and gals? (is that politically allowed now?)) have taught me SO MUCH about the Ridgeline, I want to THANK YOU for all your input, and this great forum.

I've always been intrigued by the Ridgeline v1.0 (I should start calling it Gen 1), but never took it seriously. I was somewhat put off by the Ridgeline v2.0 styling, but man, they are so easy to pick out of a crowd. Then the re-styled 2021 v2.1 Ridgeline came along, and really sucked me in.

In March I started actively looking for a new RTL-E. I contacted a dealer about 70 miles away (there's only 1 Honda dealer in my city and I'm not a fan) who was extremely helpful, but explained the extreme short supply. Then came the chip shortage. I used Honda's search site, searching by zip code, for incoming units within 250 miles. I contacted several dealers about in-transit units, always getting the same "pre-sold" answer. And no, I didn't want to pay anyone's $1000 "finders fee" to locate one for me (seriously, several dealers offered the generous service).
So, several weeks ago, I contacted my original salesman 70 miles away, and he told me they had an Obsidian Blue RTL-E being built that wasn't spoken for. It wasn't my original color of choice (MSM), but I've grown to really like it.
So, long story short, MY (hopefully) new obsidian blue Ridgeline RTL-E arrived at the dealership yesterday. The salesman sent me the pic when the carrier pulled on their lot (4 days early, btw). It's reserved in my name, most of the paperwork completed.

Again, I want to THANK YOU guys so much for all your help, suggestions and input that got me to this point, especially zroger73, man, you are a walking Honda encyclopedia! (And sorry about your cut finger).

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
235 Posts
Hello all ! I've been lurking on the sidelines for the last 6 months or so, trying to learn as much as possible about the Ridgeline. And you guys (and gals? (is that politically allowed now?)) have taught me SO MUCH about the Ridgeline, I want to THANK YOU for all your input, and this great forum.

I've always been intrigued by the Ridgeline v1.0 (I should start calling it Gen 1), but never took it seriously. I was somewhat put off by the Ridgeline v2.0 styling, but man, they are so easy to pick out of a crowd. Then the re-styled 2021 v2.1 Ridgeline came along, and really sucked me in.

In March I started actively looking for a new RTL-E. I contacted a dealer about 70 miles away (there's only 1 Honda dealer in my city and I'm not a fan) who was extremely helpful, but explained the extreme short supply. Then came the chip shortage. I used Honda's search site, searching by zip code, for incoming units within 250 miles. I contacted several dealers about in-transit units, always getting the same "pre-sold" answer. And no, I didn't want to pay anyone's $1000 "finders fee" to locate one for me (seriously, several dealers offered the generous service).
So, several weeks ago, I contacted my original salesman 70 miles away, and he told me they had an Obsidian Blue RTL-E being built that wasn't spoken for. It wasn't my original color of choice (MSM), but I've grown to really like it.
So, long story short, MY (hopefully) new obsidian blue Ridgeline RTL-E arrived at the dealership yesterday. The salesman sent me the pic when the carrier pulled on their lot (4 days early, btw). It's reserved in my name, most of the paperwork completed.

Again, I want to THANK YOU guys so much for all your help, suggestions and input that got me to this point, especially zroger73, man, you are a walking Honda encyclopedia! (And sorry about your cut finger).
looks great! Make sure to go through the inspection checklist- helped me a lot

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,894 Posts
The OBP really looks sweet, @StevenC123. You will appreciate the versatility of the Ridgeline.

Reactions: DTHughes

·
Registered
2019 Ridgeline Sport AWD / Truxx Leveling Kit / Tires A/T Sumitomo Encounter 265/60/18
47 Posts
Nice and Congrats, don't forget to post some extra pictures of the OBP!

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
178 Posts
Congratulations @StevenC123. She looks proud sitting atop that carrier.

I have a RTL in OBP. That color comes to life in the sunlight.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
146 Posts
Congrats on the OBP RTL-E! That's a great color. I was lucky enough to snag a '21 MSM RTL-E last March. My wife preferred MSM and I really like it, but OBP has now eclipsed MSM as my true favorite '21 Ridgeline color. The more I see it, the more I love it.

I just passed 6000 miles and am still loving my Ridgeline. I hope you have a similar experience.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats! I love the color. The only reason I don't have an RL in OBP is that our Odyssey is the same color and wanted something different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks great! Make sure to go through the inspection checklist- helped me a lot
Thanks for the reminder. I've downloaded the checklist to my phone, along with the video of how to pull the rear door trim to check for water intrusion. As someone else said, it'll be awkward pulling that trim at the dealership, and I think I'll have the service guy do it, so if he screws up the moulding connectors, its on him.

The OBP really looks sweet, @StevenC123. You will appreciate the versatility of the Ridgeline.
Oh I can't wait for it. I used my present, and soon to theirs, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland as the measuring stick... In the 9 years with the GC did I ever go off-roading? No. In the 9 years with the GC have I towed anything even remotely heavy? No. In the 9 years with the GC, have I ever filled the back with bags of mulch? Yes, many times!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Looks great on the carrier, and will look even better when you have the keys.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
235 Posts
The trim will literally just pop off. The other item you may want to have a tech do ahead of time IF your getting a tonneau cover would be to loosen the bolts in the bed. A few people have had the bolts stripped from factory and then been unable to install their cover. Just take your time. Good luck and enjoy it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The trim will literally just pop off. The other item you may want to have a tech do ahead of time IF your getting a tonneau cover would be to loosen the bolts in the bed. A few people have had the bolts stripped from factory and then been unable to install their cover. Just take your time. Good luck and enjoy it!
That's great advice, as I'm ordering the Bak Revolver cover as soon as I drive off the lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if your checklist has all the items. I compiled and posted one to include ALL of the potential issues listed in 4 months of leering around on the forums before buying my ‘21 RTL-E in obsidian blue a few months ago. You can find it here:

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if your checklist has all the items. I compiled and posted one to include ALL of the potential issues listed in 4 months of leering around on the forums before buying my ‘21 RTL-E in obsidian blue a few months ago. You can find it here:

Hope it helps!
I have this list bookmarked and ready when mine comes in so I can check off each line. Great work and THANK YOU for taking the time to get this list compiled

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
235 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
178 Posts
Look at her, sitting there all proud at her new home.

Looks awesome.
Congratulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so it looks like running boards were removed, chrome accent was added on bottom of doors and new wheels were added. Anything else? I like the wheels- looks sleek.
Yep, It showed up at the dealership with the Utility Package attached, and I honestly didn't like any of that package, and almost backed out. The dealership cut some off the price, then bought back the running boards from me after the fact. They were going to remove the roof rails also, but I'm getting used to them (after only 8 hours). They (and the cross bars which are currently on the back seat floor) may come in handy at some point.
The better wheels and the chrome accents really made it look nice, I think. I got lots of compliments at the dealership.
I've already ordered the Bak Revolver X4s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts