Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, :act030:

Glad to be a member of this group :grin:

Recently traded the Tacoma for a much better pick-up, a '17 Ridgeline RTL AWD. It has proven to be worth the $s spent for the trade.

The Bride and I decided to start seeing the Good 'ol USA in a more intimate way vs flying and hotel rooms so we purchased a Lance 1475 TT Lance 1475 Travel Trailer - Simplification.... Identify what is important to you, eliminate the rest. this last spring after about 2 years of looking at travel trailers, motorhomes of all classes, pop-ups etc.

After the TT was chosen then I could focus on an appropriate tow vehicle and looked at all of them to replace my beloved GTIs (3) that I have been driving for the last 10+ years.

The Tacoma has a sterling reputation and it would do what we needed it to do. Plus it was the only game in town with a V6/manual trans. to be had. Previous PU> Used Toyota Tacoma For Sale | Legends Toyota - 40372-14A I am getting accustom to the Auto. It is a pic-up after all.

Started seeing this "new" Ridgeline at the Honda dealers lot and being a car guy I was a bit curious about it. Read some reviews online, looked at specs. Nice vehicle but not the burley styled ride the Tacoma is. Took a test drive and was ..... Impressed, Amazed :surprise: with how much better this pick-up is over the Tacoma. Drivability, comfort, easy to live with, just WOW.

With the Brides blessing :wink: I can now enjoy my vehicle again. :act035:

VIN: 11152

Towing set up:

Equalizer 600/6000 WDH with sway control. https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Equal-i-zer/EQ37060ET.html

Tekonsha Prodigy P3 with 3070-P pig tail. https://www.etrailer.com/multi-prod...ine&hhyear=2017&vehicleid=201747453&hunter=bc

MPG Pic is towing.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
re: Hello from KC, '16 Tacoma Sprt 4x4 < G2 RTL

Good color choice. Congrats on your RL and welcome to the ROC!

Reactions: Haymoose and OldShu

·
Registered
27 Posts

Nice rig! My RV crazed sister and BIL are trying to get me to get some kind of camper trailer. I have a 2WD RL and it looks like a 13' Casita would work. They're made in Rice Tx. which is close to me.

Reactions: OldShu

·
Registered
417 Posts

Nice Lance....how do you like it?

Reactions: OldShu

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nice Lance....how do you like it?
We really like it. Towed it about 2000mi on 7 outings this past summer and did not have any issues with it.

Quality seems to be high. It is very well thought out. Has nice storage for its size. I would recommend the brand.

Really like the roof mounted 160 watt solar panel for keeping the battery charged when boon docking.

With a F-150 any of the Lance models would be an option for you I would think.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Nice rig! My RV crazed sister and BIL are trying to get me to get some kind of camper trailer. I have a 2WD RL and it looks like a 13' Casita would work. They're made in Rice Tx. which is close to me.
Thanks!

You should go for it. America is a great place to see and experience.

We stay off the Interstates as much as possible when traveling.

While traveling this past Memorial Day we went thru many small towns that were in full Memorial Day display. Flags a fly'n, town squares all decked out. It was a great experience that we would have missed had we traveled the Interstates.

Google maps said 4.5 hours travel time, we made it in 8. LOL We stopped at every road side Historical Marker. Had a great time!

Please over look my comfy travel clothes. :nerd:

Pics from a Veterans Memorial in N Central KS somewhere. Had to show my Bride my big play toy when I was in the Army. M60A3 Patton and M1 Abrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts

Very nice! How much does that travel trailer weigh?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts

Man, more power to you!! Congrats on the sight seeing. I've had four Toyota pickups and I'm patiently waiting for an AWD RT to arrive in FL. Test drive and reviews really sold me.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

From one who traded a '16 Tacoma Ltd 4x4 for my RTL-E, to you (for all the reasons you had, and more!..worst vehicle I've ever owned):

Congrats on the great new ride, and welcome to the ROC.

Enjoy your travels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts