Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin' if the Ridgeline has anywhere the off-road prowess of its competitors. My buddies and I have gotten pretty crazy in his Rav4, but never really scratched up anything real bad. I could tell some good stories. Anyway does the RL handle well once u hit the gravel? :D

Have a good day & God Bless!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The Rav4 and the RL aren't even in the same class of vehicle so it would be very difficult to make any real comparison between them. The Rav4 would sit lower to the ground than the RL and has a totally different AWD/4WD system. The RL is not designed for heavy duty off-roading, nor does it claim to be. If this is tha type of duty you want to put your vehicle through then don't buy a RL. If you just want medium duty off-roading capabilities then the RL should handle that just fine. At the end of the day though, if your point in buying a truck is for off-roading the RL probably isn't what you want.

L

·
0 Posts
I am not a law breaker. HOWEVER, I followed suit in a traffic jam one day trying to get home. I went from stop and go - to 55mph - to crossing the center gravel/grass between highways - to highway at 65mph. My Lady didn't miss a beat!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ladyridge said:
I am not a law breaker. HOWEVER, I followed suit in a traffic jam one day trying to get home. I went from stop and go - to 55mph - to crossing the center gravel/grass between highways - to highway at 65mph. My Lady didn't miss a beat!!!! :rolleyes:

You're the DEVIL!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
:eek: This group does not endorse the activities of certain members and their Ridgeline ;). You know the whole professional driver/closed course routine.

ladyridge - did you win in the drag? or did your opponent chicken out?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Was your opponent White Fart's Bland Cruiser? :D

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
When I test drove the Ridgeline, The salesman wanted me to really drive it down a back street. I explained to him that I wanted to see how it drives in normal conditions, so I drove it like a school bus. Very smooth ride! After stopping at their over flow lot, I lock the steering wheel and did a 360 at about 5 to 10 miles an hour and it held it's line! On the way back to the main lot, I had to go across traffic to go south. I looked at the salesman and told him that I was going to drive the truck as if I was at work....in pursuit! I had him holding on to his sit and hand rail and the girl did just fine! I have one now and I am very excited! :D

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
:eek: This group does not endorse the activities of certain members and their Ridgeline ;). You know the whole professional driver/closed course routine.

ladyridge - did you win in the drag? or did your opponent chicken out?
Chickened out!! :(
My opponent saw a losing situation and decided to take the best route...OUTA HERE!!! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
As long as we are on this subject, here is a true story.
I belong to a local business club. There are about 40 members, 1/3 of which are women. Every summer we have a picnic. For the past 5 years we have held the picnic at a place that has a go kart track. Not the pro kind that Ladyridge's son races, just the fun kind of track. Anyway, there is a very nice, quiet unassuming lady that is a member. The first year that we went to this track for our picnic, this particular lady kicked our collective butts on the track! Not a single one of us Dale Ernhardt wanna-bees could pass her. Every race, every year, the same thing - ya can’t' pass Lynne. She is absolutely fearless, simply amazing. If you were to meet her you would never think that she could drive like she does. Last wear we all got together and decided to go slow off the starting line and let her try to lap us. When she came to the back of the pack we all took off but blocked her. That was the only time that she didn't win, although she did manage to pick her way through about 1/3 of the pack before the race was over. Technically, we probably were all disqualified for doing what we did so she actually may have won that race too. We were getting embarrassed. Desperate times require desperate measures! Actually, it is all in good fun, but she really is good! She eventually confided in me that many years ago that she used to race motorcycles. She obviously has not forgotten how.
I think that I should try to arrange to get Ladyridge and Lynne together on a track. It would make for a very interesting day. My best strategy is to stay out of their way. In the immortal words of the great Inspector Harry Callahan, "A man has got to know his limitations". ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Oh, by the way, I have gotten into some pretty rough and sloppy construction sites and have never had a problem. I would not consider any of them as rock crawling mud races but conditions were not as good as one could expect on a state park dirt trail. I went the same places as the other trades went in their F250s, F350s, Silverado’s and dualies. I was just a lot more comfortable. The Ridgeline definitely handled the job better than my Chevy blazer. The independent rear suspension is fantastic. While following more traditional trucks in and out of these sites, I watched them get bounced around and side-to-side while I was comparatively smooth, kickin' back listening to XM.

The bottom line is, as others have said, if you want to do serious off roading or rock crawling, buy something else that is designed for that purpose. If you want to go anywhere the average Joe would want to go while camping, fishing, around town or on the highway in any kind of weather, and you want to do it with confidence, in comfort and in style, buy the Ridgeline.

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
As long as we are on this subject, here is a true story.
I belong to a local business club. There are about 40 members, 1/3 of which are women. Every summer we have a picnic. For the past 5 years we have held the picnic at a place that has a go kart track. Not the pro kind that Ladyridge's son races, just the fun kind of track. Anyway, there is a very nice, quiet unassuming lady that is a member. The first year that we went to this track for our picnic, this particular lady kicked our collective butts on the track! Not a single one of us Dale Ernhardt wanna-bees could pass her. Every race, every year, the same thing - ya can’t' pass Lynne. She is absolutely fearless, simply amazing. If you were to meet her you would never think that she could drive like she does. Last wear we all got together and decided to go slow off the starting line and let her try to lap us. When she came to the back of the pack we all took off but blocked her. That was the only time that she didn't win, although she did manage to pick her way through about 1/3 of the pack before the race was over. Technically, we probably were all disqualified for doing what we did so she actually may have won that race too. We were getting embarrassed. Desperate times require desperate measures! Actually, it is all in good fun, but she really is good! She eventually confided in me that many years ago that she used to race motorcycles. She obviously has not forgotten how.
I think that I should try to arrange to get Ladyridge and Lynne together on a track. It would make for a very interesting day. My best strategy is to stay out of their way. In the immortal words of the great Inspector Harry Callahan, "A man has got to know his limitations". ;)
U-H, you are a trip!! :)
My racing days started with the parking lot drag at the local oval track. I won my fist race in a Ford Galaxy 500, just a bit younger than me with a 3 speed on the column. It was a blast. I still have the trophy!! I then got bit by the racing bug and went on to 1/4 with a 1969 RoadRunner, 1970 Chevelle and a 1966 Camaro spanning from Ohio to Colorado. During that time I started riding motorcycles but never raced on the track, but sure had some wild times on the back roads. :rolleyes:

I would welcome the opportunity to race Lynne. Sounds like a great time. Only..I think I would want you guys on the track "behind" us to watch.
Oh yeah...with Lynne and I on the track, you couldn't be anywhere else. :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've been had by the go-kart demons too. The big thing with the go-karts is the weight of the driver. I bet Lynn weighs a lot less than any of the guys. I've had teenage girls beat me, but I also had about 100lbs on them....it makes a big difference in the carts.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Even if we put a 100 Lb sand bag in the cart with Lynne I still think that she would beat the snot out of us.

Ladyridge, what year was that Galaxie 500? My first car was a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. I bought it for $600.00. It was 5 years old then and it ran and looked like new. Don't you do the math either! I'm still the same kid I was then, right? :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Even if we put a 100 Lb sand bag in the cart with Lynne I still think that she would beat the snot out of us.

Ladyridge, what year was that Galaxie 500? My first car was a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. I bought it for $600.00. It was 5 years old then and it ran and looked like new. Don't you do the math either! I'm still the same kid I was then, right? :rolleyes:

Umm..errr...if I tell you what year the rest of the ROC family will figure out how young I am. :eek:
It was a 63. It was my boyfriends car. ( yes I had a boyfriend when I was 8 )
My first car was a 1972 Ford LTD. GREAT car. Had it for a few years until a friend of mine and I turfed a golf course and dropped the trany trying to escape. Yes..I have had my share of fun, and luckily never got caught. And I DON'T share this story with Drew!! :D
And yes..we BOTH are the same kids!! ;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
ladyridge said:
went on to 1/4 with a 1969 RoadRunner, 1970 Chevelle and a 1966 Camaro
Three great cars. BTW the first year for the Camaro was 1967.

Last Friday I took out my bud's 1970 Z/28, 396, hot cam, 850 Holley, 4 speed, posi, etc. It's a pig of a car. The tranny is shot, the paint is gone, the shocks, ball joints, and pitman arm are junk, and the interior is stripped down to one seat. But MAN was it fun to punch the throttle and get rubber in every gear. :)

L

·
0 Posts
shovelhd said:
Three great cars. BTW the first year for the Camaro was 1967.

Last Friday I took out my bud's 1970 Z/28, 396, hot cam, 850 Holley, 4 speed, posi, etc. It's a pig of a car. The tranny is shot, the paint is gone, the shocks, ball joints, and pitman arm are junk, and the interior is stripped down to one seat. But MAN was it fun to punch the throttle and get rubber in every gear. :)
ACTUALLY, the first Camaro was made in September of 66'. It was origianlly to be called a Panther but then Chevrolet changed their minds. As a matter of fact, they did in fact make some of the emblems for the "Panther" and are worth much money if you find one. The word Camaro means friend in French. I read once that many people spelled in incorrectly, like Camero, which means Shrimp in Spanish.
Just an F.Y.I. :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
That's right, we badd! :p When my brother went to Nam in '70, I received his "67 Mustang ragtop as my first car. Canary yellow, 289 Hipo, 4-speed with de-glassed blue Walkers exiting in front of rear tires. Had my first ticket within a week. :rolleyes: Wish I still had that one. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts