Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really the only irritant I have with the G2.

On my G1 I loved to have the front windows up while the rear windows and sliding rear window were open. I opened the sliding rear window also because it reduced the helmholtz resonance created by having only the two rear windows open. When I do the 3 window method in my G2 the helmholtz resonance doesn't go away, it actually sounds like it gets worse. Has anyone else experienced this? Believe me, you would notice it. It sounds like a helicopter is in the cabin with you.

The moonroof and rear sliding window open does not have the same problem and of course all windows down is not an issue either.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh i thought you were talking about the intake, it has quite an accordion and plethora of vanes in there :)

never mind a helicopter, more like a tornado !
Right, those would be resonators for the same purpose. I wonder if window visors help with this? I don't have them on my G2 like I did on my G1. Did some more reading and apparently this is becoming a bigger problem as cars become more and more aerodynamic.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find in most vehicles that running both windows down on the same side approx. the same amount takes care of the resonance/buffeting issue.
Right, I totally agree, but I'm not having any luck here. Having both rears down and the slider open should definitely not have any resonance (wasn't a problem in the G1). I'm not nit picky about things, but this one annoys me. Guess I'll just have to use the moon roof/rear slider more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.