Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I upgraded the factory tweeters years ago and I'm just getting the itch go after the front door speakers.

* So I've narrowed down the choices to these 3 speakers after researching countless threads and reviews on Crutchfield.com. The first 2 JL Audio speakers are more money but if they provide more/better bass than the much cheaper Infinity 6032si (per reviews on Crutchfield) then I'd prefer to go that route, otherwise I'll just stick with the cheaper Infinitys.

Anyone have these speakers installed and can provide opinions/advice Please?

1) JL Audio TR650-CXI
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136TR650CX/JL-Audio-TR650-CXi.html?search=jl_audio_tr650_cxi&skipvs=T

2) JL Audio C2-650X
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C2650X/JL-Audio-C2-650X.html?search=c2-650x&skipvs=T

3) Infinity shallow mount 6032si
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086032SI/Infinity-Reference-6032si.html?search=6032si&osp=6032si&tp=94

· Registered
2,726 Posts
Sorry, I'm running the JBL GT7-6's which I like. Just wanted to pass on the Crutchfield Black Friday sale started today!!!

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,893 Posts
Unfortunately the 1st Gen part of the forum isn't as active as it was 6 months to a year ago. Compounding the problem is that it is a Holiday weekend.

· Premium Member
1,817 Posts
The gen1 door isn't especially friendly to high quality low frequencies. Anything short of full on custom effort to create an enclosure, you'd likely not hear substantial differences with between any mid/high quality woofer. I'd suggest your list is excellent & the difference between them would be marginal. I think you'd be happy with any of them.

Recommend deflexing the door skin with a sound deadener of your choice and fab or source a stout speaker plate.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I ordered the JL TR650-CXis and the Scoshe SAHR6 mount plus the Metra wiring harness.

Are there any special tools that I absolutely need to remove the door panel?

· Premium Member
388 Posts
You can, I pryed on bottom edge of door trim, they come in handy.. Try not to pull with force.. If you can pick up some extra panel clips just in case..

· Premium Member
388 Posts
Don't go dealer, arm and leg cost.. I got mine from clips and fasteners off eBay!!

· Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,934 Posts
As mentioned earlier, the doors are not a great fit to accommodate low frequencies. I run a 4-channel and a mono powering the 4 doors speakers on HI and a sub on the mono. I also run an in-car-pc which has a bridged output to the two amps (same source) and has two inline volume controllers. This way I am able to independently control the signal strength (volume in a way) before they reach the two amps. I run Boston Acoustics RM6 (comparable to SE65rc) and they pump out a lot of base, but with the current setup, they are only projecting High frequency.

If you are music enthusiast, I would suggest investing in a non-space-compromising subwoofer and leave the door speakers at stock. Stock ones are fine for High freq responses, unless you feel the need to upgrade them to something else. Also, make sure you get the adapter kit for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.