Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, this started when the fan blower stopped working. I thought it might be the resistor under the glove box which had happened many miles ago. Started with checking fuses and then found that many of the accessories quit working also. I now have no electric door locks ( neither switch in door or key fob) , no radio, no sun roof and probably a few things I haven't found yet, I thought I would start with changing that resistor but I don't no where to go after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
The Kampdog

Premium Member
Did you blow any fuses or forget to clip connectors back?
When you were checking the resistor, what did you do and did you unclip anything and forget to put them back?

I suspect that you may have shorted something out or cracked a relay. I did that with my AC relay under the hood. small nick on the corner when prying it killed it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Please help, this started when the fan blower stopped working. I thought it might be the resistor under the glove box which had happened many miles ago. Started with checking fuses and then found that many of the accessories quit working also. I now have no electric door locks ( neither switch in door or key fob) , no radio, no sun roof and probably a few things I haven't found yet, I thought I would start with changing that resistor but I don't no where to go after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
The Kampdog
I don't know if extra info. helps but I thought it was strange also that when you start the engine the tach and speedo. indiacators flutter rapidly for about 10 sec and then mellow out. Ugh !

Premium Member
When was the last time you had the battery replaced and/or checked? If it is more than 2 years, worth getting it checked.

That fluttering of the needles is one of the tell tale signs of a very weak battery. Been there three times.

I had some weird condenser fan issue and the AC cutting off,AFTER, I did some under hood relay checking. so this time around, I gently pulled up on the relay to find out that the side of the body was punctured by my flat head screwdriver.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for your help, I am almost too embarassed to admit what I had done. When checking the fuses I had returned the 40amp blower fuse to the empty fuse holder next to the 1 I was checking. grrr. Anyway figured it out and all the crazy electrical stopped. Unfortunately even after changing the resistor ( cheap place to start) the blower still does not work. Hmmm Thanks again

Registered
Thanks again for your help, I am almost too embarassed to admit what I had done. When checking the fuses I had returned the 40amp blower fuse to the empty fuse holder next to the 1 I was checking. grrr. Anyway figured it out and all the crazy electrical stopped. Unfortunately even after changing the resistor ( cheap place to start) the blower still does not work. Hmmm Thanks again
Kampdog,
I replaced mine with one from off rock autos web site last year on my 12 RTL for about $50. It was done. The brushes were gone and there was brush dust everywhere. The replacement motor went right in minus one OEM feature. At some point Honda modified the motor and put a small fairing at the connection point as there were issues with folks feet kicking at the connections. My replacement motor didn't have the provisions or mounting points to transfer the small fairing over to the new motor.
The blower failure is a known issue and its suspected its the mounting orientation that is accelerating the mean time between failures.
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts