Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new Honda tonneau cover from a freight recovery store but there are no instructions in the box, and there are a LOT of parts. Does anyone know where I can get the instructions? My local dealer said since I didn't purchase it from them they will not help. Such a nice dealer.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The best thing you can do is sell that piece $*&#. And buy a good after market cover:act035:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The subject of tonneau covers has been heavily discussed in the ROC. There are proponents and opponents for each model.

I ordered my OEM cover when I purchased my RL and have been satisfied with it since Day One. Of course, it could have been cheaper, lighter and not have a POS lock but it's all a matter of choices.

People will dispute anything on the internet, even the law of gravity is considered suspect but we haven't heard from Isaac Newton in some time..:act060:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The subject of tonneau covers has been heavily discussed in the ROC. There are proponents and opponents for each model.

I ordered my OEM cover when I purchased my RL and have been satisfied with it since Day One. Of course, it could have been cheaper, lighter and not have a POS lock but it's all a matter of choices.

People will dispute anything on the internet, even the law of gravity is considered suspect but we haven't heard from Isaac Newton in some time..:act060:
I have been researching the covers as well but just couldn't make myself pay $1400.00 for OEM. I stumbled across a new OEM still in the box at a freight recovery store for $300.00. :cheerleader:

Got it installed today thanks to H&A.

·
Super Moderator
5,488 Posts
Great job, Glake. Glad it all worked out for you and that all of the parts were included--that is a great deal. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat--of course I use coupons for all my restaurant meals and my shopping trips.

Brad

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a used Honda tonneau cover, but its missing a lot of parts. Is there a way I can just buy all the parts at once as a complete package?

I have the three rails. 4 brackets, 4 plate nuts. Pretty much need everything else.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been researching the covers as well but just couldn't make myself pay $1400.00 for OEM. I stumbled across a new OEM still in the box at a freight recovery store for $300.00. :cheerleader:

Got it installed today thanks to H&A.
What/where do you find a frieght recovery store?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought a used Honda tonneau cover, but its missing a lot of parts. Is there a way I can just buy all the parts at once as a complete package?

I have the three rails. 4 brackets, 4 plate nuts. Pretty much need everything else.

Thanks
i bought a used OEM Honda cover too and the guy swore all the parts were there. But they werent so I ended up having to buy the whole parts kit from the dealer for $180 even though i was only missing a few pieces. The problem buying a used cover is that person probably did not put it on and does not know all the parts that were installed. all they know is they have all the parts they took off. I still got a good price though and yes one could argue all day which cover is the best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought one of these covers used and pretty cheap too. The instructions seem ridiculous, are my bed panels going to be screwed with 1" holes all over it if I decide to take it off? I'm getting the feeling that I should sell this thing and just spend 1k on a new one.....

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yes, Joe Brown, it will fit. You have a great cover if you'll take the time and effort to install it correctly. A new installation kit will be all you need without spending many dollars for a new one. The kit will include important items like the foam inserts between the rails that increase water-tightness, and the grommets and pins to re-seat the roof valence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from the Future! H & A you are an amazing Ridgeline Angel! The year is 2020 and people are still praising your name for linking these instructions so they can enjoy their Ridgeline OEM cover. Would you believe that not only is the Ridgeline still an amazing truck, but it has aged in a way that someone didn't believe it was a 2007 the other day, they thought it was a 2018! Of course that would be ridiculous cause now we have the "2nd Generation" Ridgeline or the G2 as the young kids say. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if any of you have extra bed liner bolts. Mine are missing cause someone had one of these Tonneau covers before me and removed it. Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts