Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some explain to me the mystery of this "Private", "Transfer" message that pops up on my display when I'm using my cell phone? Sometimes I voice dial a number and the conversation automatically works over the vehicles audio system. Other times this annoying Private/Transfer message displays and I can't hear anything - meanwhile the party I'm calling is on the iphone asking are you there? Then there are the options on the Iphone - Iphone, Speaker, AH16. I'll hit Speaker and hear noting on the Iphone or Audio system. If I hit Transfer it goes back to iphone... sometimes.. FRUSTRATING! All I want to do is simply say a number to dial and have a simple conversation over the audio system's speakers and mic without having to hit a bunch of buttons on the display or the Iphone. Gosh I loved my Ford's Sync system!!!.

Can someone clarify this for me?

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you, for reminding me to stay away from technology.

Reactions: DOB and Sparkland

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
195 Posts
So to clarify are you making the phone call via the phone or from the hands free system. Also is this occurring through Bluetooth HondaLink or Apple CarPlay? All of these make a difference. If you make the call from the phone it will normally keep the audio playing through the phone. If you make the call through hands free it should come through the vehicle. If you want to switch between one or the other you simply push the transfer button on the head unit if using HondaLink and if on Apple CarPlay press the audio button (top right) on the iPhone and select the desired source. Hopefully that clarifies, if not maybe you can provide more information.

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
Yep, annoying. I hate it too. I've learned to "tolerate" it and just use it sparingly so i don't get too pissed off at the RTL's radio. lol

Steve

·
Administrator
15,224 Posts
Can some explain to me the mystery of this "Private", "Transfer" message that pops up on my display when I'm using my cell phone? Sometimes I voice dial a number and the conversation automatically works over the vehicles audio system. Other times this annoying Private/Transfer message displays and I can't hear anything - meanwhile the party I'm calling is on the iphone asking are you there? Then there are the options on the Iphone - Iphone, Speaker, AH16. I'll hit Speaker and hear noting on the Iphone or Audio system. If I hit Transfer it goes back to iphone... sometimes.. FRUSTRATING! All I want to do is simply say a number to dial and have a simple conversation over the audio system's speakers and mic without having to hit a bunch of buttons on the display or the Iphone. Gosh I loved my Ford's Sync system!!!.

Can someone clarify this for me?

:mad::mad::mad:
1. Delete your phone from the vehicle AND the vehicle from the phone.

2. Restart your iPhone.

3. Re-pair the vehicle and phone.

·
Registered
2019 BE
16 Posts
First, follow zroger73's advice.

When you re-pair, the AH16 selection is the bluetooth connection for the RL's audio system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts