Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello...

I have an issue that has started happening more and more frequently (maybe once an outing for the past week or so...When it started, it happened three weeks ago and then not for another week...after that it began happening more frequently.

My issue is that I will be driving and realize I do not have any turn signals, intermittent wipers, washer fluid or high beams. The first couple times it happened, I would pull over and it would all begin to work.

Lately, I think (or it could be dumb coincidence) that when I manipulate my drivers side lock the functions start working again.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it will happen...I have seen similar people people posting similar issues when searching Google but haven't found a decent answer.

Does anyone happen to have any ideas?

Thank you for looking,

Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
I will be the first to ask, is your battery working okay?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Believe it or not, that's not a good indication. How old is your battery? If older than 4 years, that's likely your culprit.... even if it starts fine.
You can read all over this forum where "declining" batteries cause all kinds of gremlins.... this can happen even if your battery is only 3 years or so, depending on your specific battery, climate, etc.
Unless you have a "new-ish" battery, you should follow that lead first.

Our trucks are particularly sensitive when batteries start to wane. Get it checked out, or better yet try a new battery.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Do you have aftermarket trailer wiring harness?
Or any aftermarket stuff like stereo, backup camera?
Things like this can cause electrical gremlins.

EDIT: Thanks speedlever.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Let me interpret for breye who appears to have autocorrect issues. :D

aftermarket trailer wiring harness?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like you need new combination switch
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # CBS1664
About 45$ and 1/2 labor

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Looks like you need new combination switch
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # CBS1664
About 45$ and 1/2 labor
That's a really good point.... I'm having a "Duh" moment. It never occurred to me that those are all on the same stalk. :act029:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a new battery which didn't help (but the old one was 5+ years old)

Combination switch is next item to try.

Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had the exact problem with my Ridgeline about 3 weeks ago. High beams, intermittent wipes, washer fluid quarter. All gone. Also, no lights flashing when locking the doors. I tried a new combination switch ... No such luck.

The problem is your fuse box. Mine had a burnt circuit underneath... With the same symptoms, that is my strong guess on your repair needs.

I should say that mine went all at once...

If you'd like to try a brand new combination switch ( that the dealer wouldn't take back!) I have a good deal for you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Which fuse box? The internal one or one in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
835 Posts
My first question whenever a fuse "blows" is... WHY did the fuse "blow"?

Perhaps I'm being anal retentive, but something must have shorted out that fuse.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
My first question whenever a fuse "blows" is... WHY did the fuse "blow"?

Perhaps I'm being anal retentive, but something must have shorted out that fuse.
... but he's talking about a bad fuse box ("burnt circuit" under fuse box), not a blown fuse. 'Could be intermittent connection or ???? Not that much different than any other connector "melt down", disconnect, or whatever.

At least that's what it sounds like he experienced..... new box (or repaired circuit?) & all was fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wanted to update for anyone with a future issue similar to this one and to thank everyone for their help/input.

In my case, the problem did turn-out to be the multi switch. The part was about $70 and I was charged $35 for the labor. I have driven about two weeks with no reoccurrence so I feel confident saying this was the fix. In my example, I think the key distinction was that my issue was intermittent vs some of the others where it simply stopped working.

Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts