Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 RTS with Leather and now that the weather has changed I went to warm my buns and realized I have no heat! After a quick checking neither side has power to the seat heater on switch. I have power at the fuse block and the fuse is fine. Also the in-line 7.5 AMP fuses located under each seat are also fine. Any suggestions on what to check next???

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fuse #11 under the hood. If that's good, locate and test the relay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link Breye! I think my 09 ridge may be different than the 06-08 service manual. My switches are on the seats near the power seat adjustments and when I looked at the relay slot #14 in the engine compartment there was no relay there, just an empty slot. My seat heaters worked last season and certainly never removed any relays. ??

Does anyone have access to an 09 Ridge Service Manual?

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Check fuse #30 in the under dash fuse box for the seat heater relay fuse too. But if that failed, you'd have other associated failures too.

I would like to know if Honda moved the seat heater relay from the 2008 FSM position. Breye shows as having a 2009 RL. Breye? Do you have a 2008 FSM or a 2009 FSM?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Once you locate the relay an easy test is to swap it with another relay, obviously they have to be the same kind, and see if the problem moves.

If the relay tests good then, what I'd do is, get a DVM and starting at the under seat connector check for voltage, then just follow the wiring backward untill you find where you pick up voltage again. I do know this is easier to say than do, auto electrics are such a huge PITA to troubleshoot! A correct FSM with wiring diagrams for your year/model will be a necessity.
Good Luck and lets us know what you find.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turned out the dealer installed aftermarket seat heaters and leather seats (I never realized). Traced the wiring to a blown fuse in a different location. Thanks for everyones help. I learned many new things about my Ridge during this troubleshooting process and more importantly that everyone here in the forum is GREAT! Thank you!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Doh!

RTS <> RTL. Should have realized when your profile showed the RTS trim. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts