Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ridgeline RTL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 RTL and Sunroof.

Noted that a few dozen drops of water came off the A pillar top onto my rubber floor mats. Carpet is fine.

99% of the cars I've every owned need their front drain tubes cleaned out for such needs but mine are clean as a whistle because I blow them out several times a year on all my vehicles. I can hear the air releasing down below somewhere behind the front wheels.

I don't see a drain in the rear but as far as I can see back there with a flash light it looks real clean too.

1. Where do the drains exit in the back? somewhere under the bed and is it accessible for a reverse bottom to top clean out?
2. Is there another reason the A pillar would be leaking basically where it's cover meets the headliner cover? Maybe some sealant is worn!?!

What am I missing in the design?

·
Registered
2010 RTL
52 Posts
Just had the same problem on the drivers side and for me it was the windshield seal. I had a water test done and that’s what came up. The windshield was a replacement and when we pulled it the seal was just trashed upper drivers side. Replaced the windshield and head liner and it hasn’t Leaked since. That was last February.

·
Registered
2011 Ridgeline RTL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had the same problem on the drivers side and for me it was the windshield seal. I had a water test done and that’s what came up. The windshield was a replacement and when we pulled it the seal was just trashed upper drivers side. Replaced the windshield and head liner and it hasn’t Leaked since. That was last February.
Interesting...never considered that! My first reaction is the leak point is so much higher and further back then a window situation but I'm going to review that theory now to see if it's possible as I'm struggling to think it's an issue with the sunroof.

Thanks for the great intel on your somewhat unique experience!

Reactions: Rockinvet

·
Registered
2011 Ridgeline RTL
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be the roof rail seam. It’s a common leak point.
Thanks for that info as it had me do some reading on that topic. I'm sure I'm wrong but it seems to be the roof fails would simply leak into the channel that would handle water from the sunroof blow by and simply go down the drains that are open/clear. Thus this issue is a bigger problem for those w/o a sunroof?!?

I noted we had a HUGE rain last night and the truck was on my drive with with a 15-20 degree angle forward and not a drop of water while last week in a mild rain while parked in the street there was some ingress.

So clearly the angle is impact it and I'm going to look hard at the sunroof as well as the mentioned rail seam since I have the obnoxious roof rack system up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts