Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 ridgeline. It has an old navigation disc under the seat and the whole system worked. The cd player on the dash had a tape stuck in it and the door would not open. I took the truck in to a sound guy who sold me a new 6 disc player and installed it now none of the navigation system is working. (only the back up camera works). I would really appreciated some help from you owners who might be able to help Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am brand new on the forum and i really need some help!! i have a2009 rtl (just got it and love it) the navigation system worked with the old disc that plugs in under the drivers seat.. The 6 player CD on the dashs had a broken door. A sound place replaced the 6 player CD and now the entire navigation system does not work. (the back up camera still works) Please tell me what to do or give me some ideas THANKS

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,403 Posts
billyauk, did the "sound place" replace it with an OEM six-disc changer or some aftermarket peace? If an OEM replacement, he may have wired it up wrong. As zroger73 stated, you should take it back to the "sound place" and make them fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billyauk, did the "sound place" replace it with an OEM six-disc changer or some aftermarket peace? If an OEM replacement, he may have wired it up wrong. As zroger73 stated, you should take it back to the "sound place" and make them fix it.
Thanks for your response. I think it was an after market cd. He did mention that there was another cd that was much more expensive but the one I got was much cheaper. He is very reputable. As I think back he might have said something about the navigation system not working. What is a OEM and will an after market CD effect the working of the navigation system. Again thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,403 Posts
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, in other words a Honda replacement part. The Honda part number for the six-disc changer in your navigation equipped Ridgeline is 39110-SJC-A51ZA. I am no expert but there is a lot of wiring that interconnects the components. For example, this six-disc changer does communicate with the navigation system in order to display CD information in the navigation's eight-inch touchscreen. I believe the graphics driver for that screen is in the navigation unit under the driver's seat, so...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, in other words a Honda replacement part. The Honda part number for the six-disc changer in your navigation equipped Ridgeline is 39110-SJC-A51ZA and is quite expensive. I am no expert but there is a lot of wiring that interconnects the components. For example, this six-disc changer does communicate with the navigation system in order to display CD information in the navigation's eight-inch touchscreen. I believe the graphics driver for that screen is in the navigation unit under the driver's seat, so...
Thanks for the info So do i have to have the OEM six disc changer for the navigation system to work. Is the after market one not compatible. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts