Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to start an install on several electronic goodies... (hitting the highlights here, no room to describe everything)

In-Dash:
Sony CD head unit
Sony Digital Signal Processor
Directed DVD player

Behind rear seat:
Rockford Fosgate Punch 4 ch amplifier (front/rear)
Rockford Fosgate Punch 2 ch amplifier (subwoofer)
Sony XM satellite receiver
Sony TV tuner
Sony Multi-Changer Adapter
Sony Aux input adapter

Under rear seat:
Subwoofer & cabinet (exact model undetermined)

Under rear seat or in trunk:
Sony MP3 CD Changer
Sony CD Changer

Under passenger seat:
Microsoft XBOX
400W power inverter

Front console area:
Gooseneck mounted Sony 7" widescreen LCD
Video source selector
Laptop mount

Headliner:
Flip-down Pioneer 7" widescreen LCD

Security System:
Directed Electronics Viper alarm
Design Tech Remote Starter w/ Immobilizer bypass
Impact & Radar motion sensors
Garage door opener
Other fun surprises :)

If anyone has any questions about how to install any of this stuff, now would be a good time to ask. I will take pictures as I go and post them here, but if there is anything specific you'd like to know, please tell me know so I can take appropriate pictures / investigate while I'm working on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'll monitor this thread. You must keep us up to date with photos on your progress, please. Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybearidge said:
what did ya do?? Rob the local Circuit City?? :D
Most of it was stuff I had in my 98 Accord before I traded that in, and had been acquired over the time I had that car. Only a few of the things being installed are new.

Took me 8 hours to get it out of the Accord, I imagine it will take about 3 times that to install it in the RL.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I neglected to mention speakers because I already put those in. Infinity Reference 605CS in the front (components) and Infinity Kappa 63.7i in the rear (3-way). HUGE difference in sound over the stock speakers, but, that isn't any surprise, is it. ;) I will be running new speaker wires to the doors since the factory wiring won't handle the power I'll be sending. A pain, I know, but I figure I really ought to do this right.

I won't have Dolby or DTS surround (kind of hard to do right in a car anyway). My DSP doesn't support these surround formats.

I'm still toying with the idea of a 1-Farad capacitor, but I didn't have one in my Accord and it didn't seem to suffer much for it.

I figure this project will take me a few days. I will be ripping out nearly all of the interior so I have access to everything I need. But it will be a couple days before I actually get started since I am still researching where all of the wires I need are located. I'm starting to go crosseyed from spending so much time in the service manuals. :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd love to see pictures of all the gear when it was installed in your Accord and then installed in your Ridge! Please post.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the Accord installation...

These are all I could find... they are kind of old (cell phone kit and front TV were swapped out after these pics, for example) and don't show any of the gear in the trunk like the amps and sub, but you kind of get the idea.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Nice choice of movie. And where's the bed, fridge and microwave?? WOW...you got it goin' on there dj. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you should mention a fridge... I have a working prototype of a water cooler & dispenser that I'm toying with installing. All I need is for it to cool faster and a Dixie cup dispenser.

L

·
0 Posts
djdj said:
Funny you should mention a fridge... I have a working prototype of a water cooler & dispenser that I'm toying with installing. All I need is for it to cool faster and a Dixie cup dispenser.
I had to open my mouth. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow...That "before" picture is amazing! Can't wait to see the progress photos on the Ridgeline!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
djdj said:
From the Accord installation...

These are all I could find... they are kind of old (cell phone kit and front TV were swapped out after these pics, for example) and don't show any of the gear in the trunk like the amps and sub, but you kind of get the idea.
Props to you man!
That is why I have it done for me! I don't have your skills! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not that we havnt already asked. But DEFFINATELY take progressive pics. im sure we would all love to see every stage of the game. including the ridge in an almost stripped state. Take alot. Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
this is gonna be one tricked out Rideline

Please update us on HOW you get the MP3 player to interact with the NAVI

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DWdrums said:
Please update us on HOW you get the MP3 player to interact with the NAVI
I don't have the Navi on mine. I knew I would never get it to work with my own sound system, so I didn't get it in the first place.

INSTALLATION UPDATE: I installed the alarm and remote starter tonight. Works great... Or, it will once I get another immobilizer chip so the remote start works properly. It's supposed to be in at the dealership on Monday.

I purposely did not take pictures of the alarm install; I don't want the location of the components to be revealed. I also installed a GPS receiver too. I will take tons of pictures when I do the stereo and video systems.

Alarm controls: Ch 1 Arm/Disarm, Ch 2 Open Trunk, Ch 3 Remote Start, Ch 4 Garage Door Opener, Ch 5 Cargo Lights, Ch 6 Headlights

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey, I have (or had) that same head unit in my 99 Accord. Sony CDX-C90. Best head unit ever in my humble opinion. The head unit (and amps, and sub) are actually sitting in my living room right now waiting for a good home. I've been too wussy to even think about ripping apart my RL. Thank goodness you have more balls than I do! :D Let me join my voice with the chorus and request pics, pics, and more pics. I'd love to see how the C90 fits with the RL's dash.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Sony CDX-C90 is definitely the best sounding deck I have ever heard. At $1300 though it certainly should, especially considering it is just a CD player and radio... no built-in amplifier at all! Even though it is now 7 years old (!!!!) I can't let myself replace it.

Part of me wants to update to something newer, but I know my sound quality wouldn't be as good, and I'd have to lose the very cool XDP-766EQ DSP. :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
djdj said:
The Sony CDX-C90 is definitely the best sounding deck I have ever heard. At $1300 though it certainly should, especially considering it is just a CD player and radio... no built-in amplifier at all! Even though it is now 7 years old (!!!!) I can't let myself replace it.

Part of me wants to update to something newer, but I know my sound quality wouldn't be as good, and I'd have to lose the very cool XDP-766EQ DSP. :(
I have a cdx-c90 that came out of my trade-in for my BIGGESTHONDA, its up for sale it has the fiber optic link to a sony cd changer (will get model if interested),hide-away unit equalizer, wireless remote & wired remote. I know I know you said you have one... but if you know someone looking or interested. PM me

1 - 20 of 68 Posts