Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Hertz EBX F20.5 Subwoofer as a replacement to the OEM one behind the seat. I already had the other speakers upgraded and an amp installed so this was the easy part. The main reason for writing this is that this Hertz unit fit in the same space as the OEM subwoofer of my 2008 RTL. No special box build. The Hertz box is 20.5" x 12.6" x 4.3". It took me about 2 hours to pull the back of the seat, pull the OEM unit, install the EBX F20.5 and put the seat back on.

I did not have to cut anything or modify anything in the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And how it looks installed.
There is a little probably 1/16" or less between the speaker the galvanized bar on the seat.
The last 2 photos are the top of the speaker after I bolted the seat back in.
Just took a little extra push to get the seat back back into position and bolted down.

Very happy with the sound quality. More bass than I would ever need. at 3/4 full volume I can feel the beat against my chest. I listen to all kinds of music and like good audio. This improvement to the system was well worth the $ and effort. Note that I bought the unit on Ebay for about $220 brand new (although the box was a little beat-up).

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was the OEM sub hooked to the amp?

Be sure to let us know what you think about the sound.

thanks for the write-up....looks pretty tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes - until I bought the new sub I had the original sub hooked to the amp. It sounds great. This basically replaces the OEM 8" ported unit with an 200W 8" unit with 10" passive radiator. This sub added the depth I was looking for - Driving 50mph with the windows down and the music turned up the sound is clear and clean with a bass response that can rattle you and the mirrors. This sub wins for sound upgrade, ease of installation and fit. If you are looking for improved bass in your music then this does the job. If you are looking to shake the cars next to you at the stop light you need to go somewhere else. A good 8" sub is plenty for the airspace of the Ridgeline. Most home subs are in the 12"-15" range and easily fill large rooms.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Now I'm kinda wishing I had done this. I went with a Kicker L7 QB8 under the seat. Takes up very little space with a pressure fit. I wonder which hits harder?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered mine from the UK. It should arrive tomorrow. I plan to hook up some peel and stick along with closed cell foam on the back wall. I have an Alpine 500x1 @ 2ohms but its really [email protected] 4ohms, which per the specs is what the sub will pull. I am looking forward to more bass. Hopefully it's all worth it. I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
300 is a few bucks for these,I may just do 2 10s under the rear seat...dont think I'll be hauling anything inside with the seats up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was a pricy setup: $230 Hertz, $104 alpine mrv-m500, $30 Knukonkepts 4ga kit.

I dropped the ebx in the stock location. Couldn't get the seat back to line up with the middle bolt but used a crowbar beneath the LATCH and muscled it down. I wanted to be able to adjust the amp so I installed it on the back sloped wall. I used my pocket hole jig to attach it. I wanted to be able to slip the floor mat out, which is why I used the back wall. I like it a lot.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Damnit!!! I just ordered a new headunit and small amp for the stock sub. Wish I wouldve seen this before so I couldve ordered a bigger amp for this slippery slope im on!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts