Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voice your opinion... :D

If you could make a suggestion to Honda to make the the 07 Ridgeline Even better, what would it be? :confused:

·
Registered
774 Posts
1) fill the engine compartment with their new 3.7 liter, 300 HP engine (without sacrificing gas mileage, of course).

2) add the most popular accessories to the truck from the factory (ie. running boards, rear splash guards, foglights).

3) change the "packaging"- don't force a sunroof on a customer primarily interested in XM radio (and vice versa).

4) integrate the 2 rear headsets into the seat like the middle one.

5) improve the durability of the bed lining.

6) keep the grab handles on the inside front doors but change the color to something that better matches the interior. Silver is simply too obvious.

7) fix the problem with the locking system (all doors should unlock, not just the driver's).

8) make the accessory grille standard- To me, it looks much classier.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Package the truck with the trailer hitch and wiring harness. Make the brake controller be the 'add-on.' They did build this truck for towing, didn't they?

·
Registered
460 Posts
easy fellas......easy now...............but........................... :eek:
-power outlet in the trunk.
-figure out how to use the 3 cylinder displacment in this vehicle for better mpg (already in the oddysey and now chevy is claiming to have a handle on it for the trailblazer. come on honda, don't let em beat ya to it).
-AND YES, DON'T PACKAGE ALL TOGETHER JUST TO GET ONE OPTION. I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED :mad: I WANTED SUNROOF AND NO RADIO. NOW I DON'T HAVE EITHER BECAUSE HONDA PULLED A FREAKING DOMESTIC MOVE :mad:
-move the cruise control main button to the steering wheel.
-softer leather for the rtl.
-less plastic in the interior.
-engineer the overdrive to kick in before 47-50 mph. needs to down shift
at around 35-40 for better mpg in the city.
-ease back on the cruise control acceleration...easy does it there boys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
1) Remove stupid Nav system warning screen

2) Full size spare

3) Fix door unlock software bug

4) Improve voice command system.

5) Reduce wind noise at highway speeds

6) Ground clearance - add some

7) DRL

8) optional accessory - headlight washers

9) Rear head rests - redesign

10) change plastic in areas I handle to a soft touch plastic. Sometimes I feel ike I am driving a giant rubbermaid truck

11) optional accessory - 110v outlet

12) Improve the shifter so you don't overshoot drive and drop into 2nd

13) Driver O'sh*& handle on A pillar

14) Radio system needs to produce better sound

15) Improve XM so you can enter the channel via a 10-key pad on the nav system

16) Move cruise control and fog light buttons so they can be reached and seen

17) Turn the headlights off when the ignition is off (currently they turn off AND beep???) One or the other please

18) auto tilt down on outside mirrrors for high end RL

19) trip computer

20) change the angle of the climate control LCD screen so it can be seen

21) increase the daytime brightness of the nav screen (they do make higher nit screens!)

22) Allow the driver to see tire temp and PSI (still default to just the idiot light)

23) Reduce steering wheel thickness

24) Improve steering wheel material

25) Heated steering wheel for high end RL

26) larger homelink buttons

27) seat back heater for passenger

28) higher torque at lower RPM for engine

29) Larger engine

30) Auto leveling air springs for rear

31) Cover the plastic bed with spray in bed liner to increase static friction and to decrease cosmetic stratches.

32) Include a real jack

33) Prewire for towing (this means all the wires, not half of them)

34) Gas struts for hood

·
Registered
635 Posts
Retrofit Accura type transmission control, giving the ability to select and hold any of the five transmission ratios via padles on steering wheel or up and down switch on selector.

Posibly a long bed option.

Larger engine, either more cylinders or dispacement, increased torque would let the engine loaf with out hunting for lower gears when you hit a swarm of nats. This would make the cruise control more usable and less hunting would probably increase fuel economy, if you can keep your foot out of the throttle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Retrofit Accura type transmission control, giving the ability to select and hold any of the five transmission ratios via padles on steering wheel or up and down switch on selector.

Posibly a long bed option.

Larger engine, either more cylinders or dispacement, increased torque would let the engine loaf with out hunting for lower gears when you hit a swarm of nats. This would make the cruise control more usable and less hunting would probably increase fuel economy, if you can keep your foot out of the throttle.
lol........lol............"swarm of nats"....lol.. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
* Redesign the windshield wipers

* Get rid of the audible tone for the rear window and give me visual indicators for all 3 rear windows on the dash, where the Door Open indicators are

L

·
0 Posts
1. Higher ground clearance
2. OPTIONAL DRL
3. Optional Navigation by-pass screen
4. ALL door unlock when into park
5. V-8
6. Lighted built in vanity on drivers side

That's enough for me. Not that I am unhappy with the way she sits this very moment...but everything has room for improvement, even Lady Regina!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here goes:

1. Just redo the front end Honda. It IS ugly, but you can do a lot better. Have you seen yourself from the rear? That looks great! Terrific detailing! Repeat in the front with a separate bumper. That all in one piece look up front looks good on your cars, but just doesn't cut it on your truck. Hint:
that's one design element that the Big 3 trucks excel at. Your current "face" is not in line with the freakin' bulldog drivin' attitude that you possess.

2. More low-end grunt. (Increase horsepower, torque, or both. I'll leave that up to the highly experienced Honda Engine folks)

3. Change the type of outside door handles to the design similar to what's on the RX-300. (they all have proper engineering names, but I can't remember the terms.)

4. Bose Sound system upgrade or just improve the mid frequencies and imaging in the existing one. For $35K, this truck deserves a better sound system.

5. While your working on the door handles, fix the way these doors stay open and that tinny sound. Jeez, I know it just got a 5 star crash test rating, but the doors are clunky in their action and sound cheap, especially with the window down. (although when ya close 'em and you're inside it sounds like a freakin vault, but the sound outside is cheap)

6. The quality of the leather steering wheel cover could use more "grip", change the dash material to the type used on, say, the ACCORD line, and the center console could be more sturdy. Mine is already kinda wobbly. And why is my passenger air bag cover already turning a different shade of green than the rest of the interior, which only highlights the fact that it is an air bag cover. That is sooooo Detroit!

7. Change the bed top coating with a more grippy, durable coating. Just the bed and up to the bed caps.

8. Change to a pump-type parking brake.

9. Power passesnger seat.

10. I would love to see thing thing in a true red. S2000 red. With matching red and black seats/interior. S2000.

11. Pay for the different in prinicple that I owe, so next year when you improve on these items we have talked about, I can trade mine in for the new one. :D I'll take mine in red...

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
First year improvements:

1 - Auto door locks that work like the manual says!
2 - Telescoping steering wheel
3 - adjustable footrest (or just not so high) and possibly adjustable peddles
4 - seat position memory
5 - trip/mileage computer
6 - Acura-style RPM/cruise control (?? heard about it here)
7 - Power side mirror folding (neat manual feature now, but kinda useless since have to get out and fold in/out)

These are relatively minor luxuries that would improve comfort and control.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There's only one that I haven't seen in here.

Move the gas cover release lever forward about 3-5 inches so you don't have to jam your hand between your seat and the door. I'm not large by any means but I don't want my watch scratching the Heck out of the door.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
1- Disable nag screen on NAV after first viewing of it.

2- Enable trip computer.

3- Put a voice control button on the passenger side. I am the chief navigator and I would love to be able to talk to the NAV.

4- Design a place in the front to hang/mount a trash bag and store an umbrella.

5- Include door side pockets in the back seat area.

6- Reposition or redesign the back seat vents so that the vent knob doesn't get knocked off so easily.

7- Include some of the exterior accessories on the RTL trim model. I'd like to be able to identify the trim levels from the way they look.

8- Put and AUX jack in every trim level.

9- Better foot and knee space for short drivers. By the time I pull the seat up so I can reach the pedals, my legs are snugged right up to the underside of the dash.

10- Matching tint on the front seat windows.

11- If you don't make the hitch standard equipment (which I think you should), at least make the wiring accessible. Don't double tape the harness wiring in the bumper area. Put it and the wiring under the dash within easy reach.

12- Make it possible to shut both of the vents on the passenger side dash.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Oh, yeah:

13- More ground clearance AND a skidplate.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Of course, if Honda addresses even 1/2 of these requests for 2007, there will likely be a bunch of used RL's being traded in on the new and improved model! I experienced this back in '99 when I purchased a brand new Acura TL (new body style, etc.). They made so many improvements on the next year's model, I felt like I was driving an antique. Oh well, I'll enjoy the next year or so before I experience RL-envy when the 2007 hits the streets!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
denvrfan said:
I felt like I was driving an antique.
Not an antique she'll be a classic. :cool:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
We own a 2003 Pilot, first year production. Honda did a similar thing with first year Pilot owners as they are doing now with the Ridgeline. I can't tell you now exactly what they did change for 2004, but I do remember them adding an adjustable second seat (#1 complaint) and heated seats and mirrors. They also raised the price $500.

I wouldn't expect more than a few of these things to be changed in future years.

·
Registered
484 Posts
1. Make a Hybrid version

2. Change the huge silver door handles

3. Skidplates

4. Did I mention Hybrid?

All these requests are making me nervous, do I still want to go buy one?

OK, I bought one so now that I own one...

4. Memory on seat and mirrors.

5. Auto-dimming mirrors all around.

6. Numeric XM channel entry

7. Tilt the center of the dash (at least the radio/nav) towards the driver

1 - 20 of 96 Posts