Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little tidbit maybe you would like to debate with the folks here. How come Chevy is just about giving away their vehicles and you can barely buy a Ridgeline below MSRP? I have nothing against domestic vehicles, but it's a shame that we need to rely on other countries to wake-up our car industry with new or revived innovations. A few manufactures are starting to catch on..ie. The Chrysler 300-that's a domestic sedan I would buy in a minute.

Example of a simple but brilliant feature: The swinging tailgate. That option was on stationwagons here back in the 70's. Why did it take a foreign manufacturer to put that on a pick-up? All you would have to do is try and unload something from the Ridge with that feature and you would be kicking yourself everytime you had to crawl over your tailgate-it is a simple and revived feature that says a lot about this truck.

I checked out a lot of trucks in this class and spent many hours going over the specs. I looked at the Colorado, the Sport-track and the Dakota... I'm sorry to say-not even close.

But of couse you'll be having more fun in the mud and on the rocks-but of course we will be a lot more comfortable...to each his own. :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
maybearidge said:
The Chrysler 300-that's a domestic sedan I would buy in a minute.
I just wanted to chime in on this one...don't forget who now owns Chrysler...I believe the Mercedes Diamler group runs most of the show at Chrysler. In regards to the 4x4/Off-Roading talk, I really don't think Honda wanted to build a rock crawler. If all the nay-sayers out there would just test drive and closely inspect the RL they would realize that what Honda uncovered with the RL is a whole new segment in the truck market. Honda has been very consistent in this regard: look how long it took Honda to develop the Odyssey. It was years after the first Caravans hit the market before Honda came out with a real minivan. Same thing could be said of the Pilot. If Honda's past track record is any indication of the future success of the RL, all the negative trollers in this forum better just sit back and enjoy the view...the Rigdelines are coming!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
A friend looked at my truck and said that this is a gentleman's pick up.

If I were into real off-road, I would cut my grass to expose my cars/ trucks and then decide which one I would take in the mud.

I have yet to be accuesed of lying through my tooth, therefore I am not a redneck.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I can say firsthand that Chryco 300 Hemi is a bad mammer-jammer and gets almost as much attention as my RL. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
maybearidge said:
I got a little tidbit maybe you would like to debate with the folks here. How come Chevy is just about giving away their vehicles and you can barely buy a Ridgeline below MSRP?
maybe there is a reason they are "giving away their vehicles"

i had a F150 which i LOVED just not the gas bill, the ridgeline fits my needs just perfect, in fact i really wanted the ford sporttrac but test driving back2back it was no comparasion....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts