Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2014 Ridgeline Sport and I love it. I was wondering about a detail or two though for the internal options and figured this would be the best place to get answers.

Two of my favorite things about my previous car was having my Garmin handy and having a bluetooth with media capability to stream music from my phone to the sound system. The Sport doesn't come with either of these functions built in (I didn't feel like getting all the extra bells/whistles of the higher models just for this feature). But herein lies my dilemma.

Will the Nav unit and bluetooth/HFL that goes into the RTL as an option function in my Sport if purchased separately? I'm hoping yes because it should be all the same console dimensions and such, and the controls are self contained except for the phone pickup/hangup buttons on the steering wheel, which are no big deal to me.

If not, what can I look for instead to install for this functionality?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,615 Posts
Short answer, No. It's not just your HU there are a lot of other parts and a ridiculous amount of parts to get the factory NAV HU to work, when I checked it was about $1500, and that was 7 or so years ago. And no one with one would be willing to take all the parts out because it would be such a PITA.

Also, media streaming isn't available on any level of RL, via Bluetooth. Check out the Audio/Video section of this site & if you have the cash, pull the factory HU, Sub & sell them here, and go to Crutchfield, Best Buy or a local shop & replace as much as your wallet allows.

Just my $0.02. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Short answer, No. It's not just your HU there are a lot of other parts and a ridiculous amount of parts to get the factory NAV HU to work, when I checked it was about $1500, and that was 7 or so years ago. And no one with one would be willing to take all the parts out because it would be such a PITA.

Also, media streaming isn't available on any level of RL, via Bluetooth. Check out the Audio/Video section of this site & if you have the cash, pull the factory HU, Sub & sell them here, and go to Crutchfield, Best Buy or a local shop & replace as much as your wallet allows.

Just my $0.02. Good Luck.
Hmm, I was pretty sure I read somewhere that the Honda Nav w/Hands Free allowed for streaming media (IE has A2DP functionality). If not oh well, but that's why I'm checking here - I figure someone has tried it or come up with their own solution.

Any specific after market brand of device that would provide the functionality? My housemate put a Parrot nav unit in his BMW a few years ago for similar function but I am not fond of their interface, nor impressed by the functionality of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hmm, I was pretty sure I read somewhere that the Honda Nav w/Hands Free allowed for streaming media (IE has A2DP functionality). ITE]

Newer Acoords, Civics and CRV has media streaming............Ridgeline too old school on the tech package.......
I found mention on this forum of the BT35 - the Ridgeline isn't officially supported (Accord and CRV are it) but there are posts saying it works for Ridgelines. Anybody with recent experience on a newer model (I'm in 2014) with the BT35, or recommendations on alternate devices?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts