Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, greetings from central Mississippi. I just picked up this 2006 RTS with 80k miles last night for $12,700. How did I do? Looking forward to a long ownership of a hopefully very reliable truck. I have already learned a lot from this forum, thanks for the resource!

Wes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Nice looking RL, welcome to the ROC from Oxford, MS. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking RL, welcome to the ROC from Oxford, MS. :)
Thanks coolbob! It's nice to hear from another Mississippian! I had to drive to Monroe LA to pick this truck up, because there are NONE for sale for under $20k in central MS. Perhaps we will pass each other on the road someday. :act030:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Sounds like a good deal on a Steel Blue RL.

My mileage is about the same, going to clean it up this weekend and post some Pics.

It's 10yr's old (Ownershipwise) this week

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats on your purchase & Welcome to the ROC!

As you've figured out in your search, RLs hold their value and there isn't a lot of them out there....so I'd say you paid a fair price. And the value you receive in return will be outstanding!

Check out the "Things you may not have noticed about your Ridgeline" thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160

Lots of great info in there!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. Already spent the morning doing the bed treatment with Bondo Restore Black to try and hide the scratches and chalking of the bed surface. I think it turned out nice.

Next maintenance/mod will probably be replacing the seat pulleys so my rear seat supports will fold down flush when I raise the seats up for cargo room. And I need to do a baseline fluid flush soon. If only it wasn't 150,000 degrees outside right now.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Already spent the morning doing the bed treatment with Bondo Restore Black to try and hide the scratches and chalking of the bed surface. I think it turned out nice.

Next maintenance/mod will probably be replacing the seat pulleys so my rear seat supports will fold down flush when I raise the seats up for cargo room. And I need to do a baseline fluid flush soon. If only it wasn't 150,000 degrees outside right now.
That means humidity is at 1500% if my recollection of those days at Keesler AFB serve me right. I have seen recent pictures of Biloxi and areas around '90' that make me want to return for a visit. We used to call hiway 90 as the gateway to 'Orleans, our weekend getaway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That means humidity is at 1500% if my recollection of those days at Keesler AFB serve me right. I have seen recent pictures of Biloxi and areas around '90' that make me want to return for a visit. We used to call hiway 90 as the gateway to 'Orleans, our weekend getaway.
:)

Got a business trip to Biloxi next weekend. Looking forward to some fresh Gulf seafood! That may be my Ridgeline's maiden road trip!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As for the humidity, yep I had the RL in the garage applying the Restore Black to the truck bed and kept dripping sweat right onto my work. I finally made the kids go bring me a headband. Ha.

Edit: that was at 11:00 in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Wes,

If you have a chance, head a few miles west of Biloxi to Gulfport and pull up a stool at Lil Rays.

http://www.lilraysrestaurant.com

I was raised on the Mississippi gulf coast and this is the one place I go to every time I get back to the coast. Last summer they added a new po-boy to the menu and it's the best I've ever eaten.

Start with frosty cold beer (or frosty Barq's root beer in a glass bottle) and a marinated crab claw appetizer (so good you will eat the lettuce garnish and lick the plate)

For the main-course, I highly recommend the 'Southern Delight' po-boy - Grilled shrimp, topped with fried green tomatoes and a spicy remoulade sauce.

Desert - forget about it, you'll be too stuffed.

East of Biloxi in Pascagoula is my second favorite seafood, the Catalina. It looks like a dump, but the food is really good.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
As for the humidity, yep I had the RL in the garage applying the Restore Black to the truck bed and kept dripping sweat right onto my work. I finally made the kids go bring me a headband. Ha.

Edit: that was at 11:00 in the morning.
Sounds about right, as does sunset over the gulf with some good shellfish and a 'cold one'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts