Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't do it!

I just walked out (9 PM) to get my dog out of the truck and found MY NEIGHBOR (not for sure) from up the block checking under vehicles for hidden keys on the bottom of 2 vehicles - one was mine! :mad:

The person had the neighbor's dog and a tennis ball (as cover). When I first walked out, I saw the dog and the person looking under a minivan, for a ball which I could also make out. He picked up the ball and then proceeded to look under my RL. I turned on my flashlight at this point and directed it straight at him. He showed me the ball and called the dog and showed his a$$.

I'm not sure I'll call the police as I think the cars in my neighborhood are now safer. Isn't there some saying about not doing things in your own backyard?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Grok Lobster said:
Don't do it!

I just walked out (9 PM) to get my dog out of the truck and found MY NEIGHBOR (not for sure) from up the block checking under vehicles for hidden keys on the bottom of 2 vehicles - one was mine! :mad:

The person had the neighbor's dog and a tennis ball (as cover). When I first walked out, I saw the dog and the person looking under a minivan, for a ball which I could also make out. He picked up the ball and then proceeded to look under my RL. I turned on my flashlight at this point and directed it straight at him. He showed me the ball and called the dog and showed his a$$.

I'm not sure I'll call the police as I think the cars in my neighborhood are now safer. Isn't there some saying about not doing things in your own backyard?
Sorry my friend, but I would have put him in check and called the police! And if anything would have happened to my truck, he is first on my fecal material list! But that's me! I get a little sensitive about people trying to harm my hard earned possessions. I would not kill over them, but they will know the fear of GOD!

·
Registered
85 Posts
tlaudio said:
Pictures or a video tape of the whole thing would surly scare him off!

The power of pictures!

TL
Better yet.....a video that you send in to America's funniest home videos! :D
Put him on national TV....(and maybe win the prize ;) :D )

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It's pretty hard to lock yourself out of the RL. With the key in the ignition, you cannot lock the driver door.

I know some people have hidden a spare key by taping it to the back of the license plate. If you do get locked out, all you need is a screw driver (or pliers) to take your plate off....better than AAA or other lockout service.

But that said, I've never been a big fan of hiding a key for cars or homes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts