Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this is my first post hope it's in the right section. I just installed a 20" light bar and want it to come on with my high beams only it is wired to a external relay but I need a signal wire from the high beam only cercuit a cant seem to find one that is ONLY alive with high beams the ones that have power on them when the high beams are on also have power when the truck is running and all headlights are off ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanx

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't think there is one because the high beams can always be flashed. Why woudn't you just put a dedicated switch down by the cruise control button?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light is way to bright to be on other then with my high beams so I was hoping to trigger a relay with a high beam only sig wire so the light bar comes on and goes out with my high beams only I could even trigger the relay with a ground just having trouble finding a wire that is only alive when the high beams are on I'm using it for on road use and don't want to have to turn my high beams off then reach down and turn my light bar off separatey every time I meet a car thanks for the quick reply on my last post

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Got ya. There's much smarter people than me on this issue and I'm sure they'll chime in when they see this.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do your headlights function as daytime running lights? If not, just tap into the wire feeding the high beam directly at the bulb on either side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have day time running lights which use the high beam wire at a reduced voltage I think so that wire signals my relay for the light bar as soon as I start the truck

·
Registered
480 Posts
There is a bank of relays behind the light switch that controls the DRLs. You are correct in that there is a reduced voltage to the lights. This is where those relays come into play....they run the high beams in series until the light switch is turned on allowing the lights to function at full voltage. You'll have to find which wire feeds the high beams with the light switch. I will try to see if I can find which color wire you need to tap into. Hopefully someone else will chime with a more informative answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Quickshift that gives me a place to start you guys have a awesome site here thanks for the quick responses

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i pulled the daytime running light relay tapped int my high beam wire at right headlight and it works like it should BUT my right low beam wont work unless the DRL relay is pluged in any idea on why only the right low beam goes out and the left dont ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got it working i just pulled the DRL fuse and it works perfect i dont have DRL lights any more but i can live with that thanx for the help this is a awsome site !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts