Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of discussion here about the quality of the audio in the stock ridgeline. Also, lots of folks have talked about changing the speakers out.

I have spent lots of money in my life on high end audio and I fall into the category of people who think the stock sound system is fantastic and accurate.

Yet, I have a question. My home audio is presently connected to the atmosphere with Bose speakers. I really love the sound of those speakers and particularly their 'airy' sound. There is a kind of openess and space to the sound of Bose systems.

Anyway, I can't seem to get the high end sound right on my Ridgeline system. I suspect this is due to: 1) the speaker locations being so low to the floor, 2) the amount of sound deadening material in the cabin, and 3) perhaps, the lack of any real tweeters in the system.

I miss the open feeling of my Bose system. Has anybody else played around with this issue???? It seems like tweeters up at ear level are called for.

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tweeters are in the top corners of the dash.
Still doesn't have that "airy" sound you're talking about.
If you swap your front speakers with better ones, you'll get another set of tweeters to focus in front of you, getting a better soundstage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, North!! Have you done this mod? And, what brand of speakers did you use?

Thanks again for the concise and clear response!!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not yet.
I had CDTAudio in my civic I traded for the Ridge.
Took a flyer on these.
Best speakers I ever had in a car.
They were low end Classics hooked up to a 5 channel Alpine to the stock head unit.
I'm more of an audiophile and I've heard all the best that is easily accessible,
Bose, Boston, Infinity, JL, JBL, etc.
I still miss them. :(
Anyway...
Any decent speaker will do though for this application.
Everybody seems to like the Infinity's and for good reason. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts