Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 Honda Ridgeline with 153K miles and have had very little trouble. In fact only a fan broke at some point. Other than that I feel the breaks have been a little expensive to keep but probably because the vehicle is somewhat heavy, perhaps they did not beef them up as they should. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any issues as I am trying to drive it another 100K or so. Just doing some forward thinking. I change oil every 6K on highway miles which I am sure has helped. Just fishing to see if anyone can share any issues they have had.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to the club... There are tons of posts and threads on here, just search and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,966 Posts
Welcome Scott. You have about half the top mileage reported here. One over 300k miles and several over 200k... with one approaching 300k.

As long as you take care of your RL, maintain and operate it properly, you should see an easy additional 150k plus miles.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
The brakes? they should last minimum 80k for the rears and close to 100K for the fronts, unless you drive in heavy traffic and hills where you have to have your foot on the brake pedal most of the time.

Make sure you get original Honda pads, if you buy cheap after market pads or your repair shop is using them they will last half or less than the Honda ones.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm at 103K with all original brakes. Though just today the right rear starting making a horrendous grinding noise. Date with the dealer tomorrow. But all 4 checked out on my last oil change about 4K ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your RL. I plan on about ten years of owning mine and I just got it (2006) a couple of months back. Sitting on about 44K right now and plan on a whole bunch more.

Im glad to hear about the long life of brakes reported here. Mine look great, but I have been curious about this.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Ridgeline. I am pushing 90,000 miles. Front brakes replaced last month along with CV boots. About $1000 in all at the Honda dealership. 85,000 miles.
At around 50,000 miles the rear brakes were replaced. At about 75,000 miles had something done to the differential. I have the oil replaced as scheduled and take good care of it. Paid it off this summer and I need to get another 90,000 out of it. Any comments or suggestions always welcome. I love my truck and need to keep it running.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,966 Posts
If you follow the maintenance minder, you should be in good shape for a long service life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maintain, maintain, maintain. My 07 RL will hit 303,000 miles late this week or early next week. Most work has been done at the Honda Dealer and can be a bit expensive at times. I'm admittedly cheap LOL But other than the guys on here, and myself, there probably isn't anyone out there that knows my truck as well. Follow the maintenance minder. Come here often ! ! ! The knowledge here is irreplaceable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
Just got word I will be working out of town and will be driving my 2006 ridgeline from Los Angeles CA to Baton Rouge Louisanna. I have 91000 miles on my rig. Have had differential worked on, cv boots replaced , front and rear brakes replaced. Going to make this trip in 2 1/2 days. Anyone think of any concerns before I start this trek?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Check tires, battery and all fluids. Drive safely and have a good trip.

Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let's see, I have 149K on my Ridgeline. The original tires lasted 120K miles. I am on my second fule pump and will shortly order my 3rd windshield. Second set of brakes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Let's see, I have 149K on my Ridgeline. The original tires lasted 120K miles. I am on my second fule pump and will shortly order my 3rd windshield. Second set of brakes.
2nd fuel pump?? Really? I've had some hesitation issues for some time and the the fuel pump possibility has come up. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40642

I was in the Smokey MTNs a few weeks ago and had to floor it up the Mountain! My Ridge has just turned 100k miles. Can you message me any symptoms to watch for?

Don't want to start a new topic on this thread. Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I own a 2006 Honda Ridgeline with 153K miles and have had very little trouble. In fact only a fan broke at some point. Other than that I feel the breaks have been a little expensive to keep but probably because the vehicle is somewhat heavy, perhaps they did not beef them up as they should. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any issues as I am trying to drive it another 100K or so. Just doing some forward thinking. I change oil every 6K on highway miles which I am sure has helped. Just fishing to see if anyone can share any issues they have had.
Ever change the timing belt?

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Yeah the timing belt good question, pushing over 150K may not be a good idea.

I plan to drive mine as many miles as I can and follow the MM, except for the T. Belt, I will wait until 120K.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.