Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone offering a high performance exhaust or cold air induction for the Ridgeline yet?
Bearman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with Gibson exhaust today and they will have a cat back system available next month. Sounds like it might be a good system but we will see
Bearman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will an aftermarket cat-back exhaust void the manufacturers or extended warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gibson did not say which style just that the prototype was complete and we will be seeing them in about a month. I offered the use of my Ridgeline if it would speed up the process but it was not needed. Cat back systems should have no effect on your warranty what so ever. I have used them on all of my vehicles with no warranty issues.
Bearman

·
Registered
17 Posts
my exprience with Gibson is nil, but when i was shopping around for a exhaust for my F150 magnaflow was king. Gibson was regraded as no help.

Honda...look towards comptech...they are very good on the smaller Vtecs i very seriously doubt they would budge a finger on the ridgeline...still new sit and wait.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmm.... the idea of actually putting an aftermarket exhaust on my Ridgeline never dawned on me. I don't know if I need it. I mean, the Ridgeline is what it is... which is a utility vehicle, not a race car.

This is coming from a person who has a Corsa system on a Corvette, Akrapovic full ti-system on an Aprilia motorcycle, and a Yoshimura ti-system on a CBR. I'm a true believer in performance exhaust for performance vehicles, but is that what my Ridgeline is?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Good point, Nox, but what if you could get another 10hp and 1mpg out of it? Would that be worthwhile?

Take a look at the exhaust mess right behind the oil pan, and tell me if you think I'm nuts that there's not another 10hp in there. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
shovelhd said:
Good point, Nox, but what if you could get another 10hp and 1mpg out of it? Would that be worthwhile?

Take a look at the exhaust mess right behind the oil pan, and tell me if you think I'm nuts that there's not another 10hp in there. :)
So far, I haven't really felt that I've needed to wring out any more HP from my Ridgeline. I've gone up some steep grades and hauled some heavy loads, and really didn't notice any lag, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a little more umph... that never hurts. However, I'm all for increased gas mileage, and if I thought I could get more MPG I'd do it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The American V-8 free-flow intakes and exhausts typically show an increase in mpg.

I'm a stickler for noise, so I won't be adding these things under any circumstances.

·
Registered
269 Posts
One of the guys at the Ridgeline owner focus group Honda held in Denver late this Spring had a catback system put into his RT right after he bought it. He claims to get about another 10 HP and says he's getting another 2-3 MPG. We all looked at it, even the chief engineer in charge of the Ridgeline. The exhaust note was a little "throatier" which sounded nice (one of my favorite things do to is just sit and listen to my '68 E-Type's exhaust - what a beautiful thing it is). Anyway, the engineer said the exhaust system was one of the things they fought the longest - they wanted it as big as possible, but other departments were concerend about clearance, cost and so forth. The owner of the modified RT asked the engineer and the customer service rep out of California if it would effect the warranty or if it would cause any problems. The engineer said the only concern he had was maintaining enough clearance between the tailpipe and the rear bumper - he mentioned the minimum clearance in mm, but said general rule of thumb was whether you could slip the palm of your hand between the pipe and bumper - if so, you're OK. The rep said that if the exhaust was to cause a problem (like being too close to the bumper and causing it to warp/melt), Honda wouldn't cover that specific item, but it would not void anything else the warranty covers. The rep said this is true of pretty much anything regarding the warranty - if a modification causes a failure, it would be with the specific item that failed (and any item that failed as a result of that, and so on) but it doesn't void everything else.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Do you know if he added any intake mods along with the exhaust?

·
Registered
269 Posts
shovelhd said:
Do you know if he added any intake mods along with the exhaust?
No, he didn't.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Bearman-

You say you have used Gibson? How is the sound?? Is it like what I hear on the Civics with the big tips?? It's hard to tell from the sound samples on the website.

thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
A cat-back system would be really cool, and easy to install too. I'd like to get a bit more growl out of my Ridgeline if possible! Any hp and MPG benefits would be welcome too!

I've thought about going to a local custom exhaust shop to see what they'd charge to make one. I'm more inclined to buy parts and do things myself, but with the amount of pipe bending involved with exhaust I'd rather either have it done or buy a custom-fit kit. Hopefully someone will make a cat-back system for the Ridgeline soon. I tried to go to Gibson's site but they must be having server problems. The Google cache only has the front page.

I agree that the collector on the exhaust manifold looks a little funny, but the rear pipe does have a loop in it to try to match the distance that the front has to travel. I'd be game for a set of headers too, but I doubt I'd be able to afford them any time soon.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Aftermarket header for the J series engine have had great gains. If you check out comptech and what they were able to gain for the J32's (TL engines), it's pretty impressive.

I emailed comptech two days ago. They said they will have a full compliment of parts for the Ridgeline.

I emailed Magnaflow yesterday, but they don't have any plans.

I think if owners showed enough interest by emailing them, it can be done.

·
Registered
338 Posts
shingles said:
Aftermarket header for the J series engine have had great gains. If you check out comptech and what they were able to gain for the J32's (TL engines), it's pretty impressive.

I emailed comptech two days ago. They said they will have a full compliment of parts for the Ridgeline.

I emailed Magnaflow yesterday, but they don't have any plans.

I think if owners showed enough interest by emailing them, it can be done.
I've talked to CompTech too, about their supercharger. Its good to hear that they're planning other products for the Ridgeline as well. I can't wait until they announce them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts