Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unsuccessfully tried to take advantage of both the 0.9% Financing and manufacturer incentives on a new 2019 RTL-E back in December. The dealer I was working with was ultimately unsuccessful in tracking down a truck for me. (I confirmed that there really wasn't any inventory withing 250 miles), unfortantely I think I was about a week late in trying to find a truck.

Now I'm in the market for a new 2020 RTL-E but have the luxury of not being in a rush. I am curious how often financing deals like the 0.9% and manufacurer incentives come around and if it is worthwhile for me to wait for something similar.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am no expert. But I believe most of them come at the end of model year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,229 Posts
I am curious how often financing deals like the 0.9% and manufacurer incentives come around ….
Based on my casual observation during the few years prior to buying my 2019 it's rare for the Ridgeline, even at end-of-model year, lacking some (ahem) 'significant refresh' as occurred (ahem again) between '19 and '20.

Betting that @zroger73 has actual historic info he can contribute (thus the 'tag' for him to this thread) ;)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Just guessing here, but i would say that you won't see 0.9 again until maybe 2022 (if even then) right before the G3 arrives. You might see 1.9/36 or 2.9/48 in December next year if sales are slow.

If the auto industry tanks, you might see 0.9 before 2022.

If you have a local credit union, join up and check their rates... they often compete well against banks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was shopping for about 6 months tracking prices. In the mid summer it was 1.9/<36 and 2.9/>36. Then in the early fall, no specials at all conveniently when I purchased. Then November started the 0.9 special.

I managed to get 2.9% through my credit union so I wasn't complaining too hard as I got the color combo I wanted for a 2019 RTL-E before it was slim pickings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, this is super helpful. I wish I realized how unique the 0.9% deal was, I would have tried a little harder to jump on a '19 before the end of the year. That being said, it sounds like a credit union is a good option

·
Administrator
13,718 Posts
Yeah 0.9% from Honda is pretty rare - especially for the Ridgeline. In 2008, Honda offered 0.9% on the Ridgeline, but only for up to 36 months. Longer loans were 2.9%.

Some dealers will occasionally offer 0.9%, but they won't discount the vehicle as much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a 2019 RTL AWD at the .9% interest rate in November (plus $4500 price reduction). There were NO RTL-E's available within a three hour drive. FOR ME, the RTL-E wasn't worth the $5000 difference anyway. I am extremely happy with my RTL. I also purchased a 2019 CR-V EX in December with all of the bells and whistles and this further confirmed I made the right decision going with the RTL. I do not plan on taking long trip in my Ridgeline and that is where I see the most value in the various driver assist features. As a wise man once told me, "That's why they have horse races."

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah 0.9% from Honda is pretty rare - especially for the Ridgeline. In 2008, Honda offered 0.9% on the Ridgeline, but only for up to 36 months. Longer loans were 2.9%.

Some dealers will occasionally offer 0.9%, but they won't discount the vehicle as much.
I bought my 19 Black Edition on Oct 3...........2.9%. Talk about being pissed 1 month later.

Hindsight's 20/20 though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Honda offered .9% or $1300 rebate on the 2007 Ridgeline in February of 2007 when I bought my G1. I haven't seen it offered a lot, but then they rarely advertise anything on the Ridgeline. Some recent ads and the financing/rebate details surprised me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I unsuccessfully tried to take advantage of both the 0.9% Financing and manufacturer incentives on a new 2019 RTL-E back in December. The dealer I was working with was ultimately unsuccessful in tracking down a truck for me. (I confirmed that there really wasn't any inventory withing 250 miles), unfortantely I think I was about a week late in trying to find a truck.

Now I'm in the market for a new 2020 RTL-E but have the luxury of not being in a rush. I am curious how often financing deals like the 0.9% and manufacurer incentives come around and if it is worthwhile for me to wait for something similar.
Honda offered .9% or $1300 rebate on the 2007 Ridgeline in February of 2007 when I bought my G1. I haven't seen it offered a lot, but then they rarely advertise anything on the Ridgeline. Some recent ads and the financing/rebate details surprised me.
I worked with Honda Financial Svcs for 5 yrs and the deals come from the financial entity, not from the dealer unless they do their own financing... my advice: research w banks or any other finance company to see what deals you qualify and base on that go shopping... if you ask the dealer they will tell u the best moment to buy is now since they all have quotas to meet and commissions to earn, not to mention that they need to get rid of their purchased inventory asap.
Good Luck on your hunt!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
The 0.9 percent is not that uncommon. Back in 2010, when I purchased my G1, I was at 1.9% through them. Literally two months later, the promotion went to 0.9%.
In August 2018, when I purchased my G5 Odyssey, the promotion was at 1.9%. Last summer ( I think) it went to 0.9% for 72 months on the G5 Odyssey. Unfortunately, the G2 Ridgeline and the G3 Pilot went through their mid cycle refreshes so Not sure when the 0.9% will come around. If you can wait, do wait. If you can offset the 1%, then save up the 1% of your OTD price and put it as a down payment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts