Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Well, I just came home from putting the first big yahoo in my brand new shiny black truck. Yuppers......nice ding in the rear bumper. DANG!

So....needless to say I am looking into the rearview camera. Since I have also been putting off getting a hitch due to cost, I was wondering.....

If any of you Techy folks or Wrencheads know if any of the individual tasks involved in installing the hitch and the camera overlap? Logic would say they do, based on both being installed in the rear of the truck and ending under the dash.

I want to do my homework before I pitch a discounted labor rate to my local Dealer for doing both at once.

Man I am bummed out.........a little help? :(

Thx,
Mike

·
Registered
171 Posts
I installed my camera by helping an Acura tech do it at the shop after hours. It took us 2-3 hrs max (cant remember if 2 or 3). I paid him $200. We did not bother dropping the rear bumber, not really a need to.
Sometimes by asking mechanics at Honda or Acura-you can find a good tech who is allowed to or does "side work", either outside of the shop or at the shop.
Good-Luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. That's what I needed to know! :D

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
SSquire said:
I think you have to dig into the dashboard for each and run a harness from there to the rear of the truck.
Just to make sure new readers aren't unduely spooked away from the camera install by the above comment: There is NO dashboard digging to install the camera. All work ends at the navi unit under the drivers seat. Other than removing things (panels, seats, etc.) for access this is limited to harness/wire routing & connections only once you leave the tail gate area.

dNick

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dnick said:
Just to make sure new readers aren't unduely spooked away from the camera install by the above comment: There is NO dashboard digging to install the camera. All work ends at the navi unit under the drivers seat. Other than removing things (panels, seats, etc.) for access this is limited to harness/wire routing & connections only once you leave the tail gate area.

dNick
Thus the "I think" :) I didn't have time to investigate but was trying to help out.

The hitch does have a controller that is mounted in the dash though (minor panels on the drivers side).

·
Registered
50 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts