Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
While I was parked on a slight hill in the club parking lot, this guy back his Dodge Caravan into my rear, pushing in the rear right fender, cracking the right rear tail lamp, cutting the black plastic bumper & compromising the trailer hitch….
All at the 2500 mile mark, $5500.00 damage, & the repair shop had to use all new parts. I realized that the rear bumper protects nothing & even a slight bump will push it into the rear fenders….. so……
My first trailer hitch bumper insert was great but small, so I upscaled to a much bigger one that is doing admiral service, in chrome, kinda like the one above.
A hitch bumper protector is a must!

·
Registered
'07/'12/'17 Ridges sold to family/friend. Still see them regularly :)
195 Posts
I always had a stainless Go Rhino Step (about $60) installed in my hitch. It came in handy when my last Ridge was at the dealer and as they backed it into a spot, they rammed it into a huge wooden parking lot "rail". It was sacrificed to save the bumper.

Of course the dealer claimed they didn't do it until I showed them that I had dash cam video of the impact, as well as home security video of when I left that morning from my house to go to the dealer and the Go Rhino was mint. The jolt when he backed in and mashed it was quite violent. They finally relented and paid for a replacement.
Bumper Office supplies Tool Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,748 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is what I got: MaxxHaul 50234 Hitch Mount Bump Step https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZX1TPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PDE4NHA2GFBD6H8Y7RJS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

All plastic. Shock absorbing in low impact crash. Big enough to use as step.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you have a link to the product, or where you bought it?

Found this on Amazon, but seems a tad pricier than yours...
here you go. I bought it here:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts