Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stupid question.....since the hitch attaches straight to the RL's unibody.........all these METAL hitch attachments.......aren't they damage multiplier in a rear end crash/bump?

That is why i went with the plastic one......at least in a slow speed bump/crash, it won't make it worst and may help??

Reactions: Harvey Paul

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T... WHITE on black 20” Pilot rims
30 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,750 Posts
Stupid question.....since the hitch attaches straight to the RL's unibody.........all these METAL hitch attachments.......aren't they damage multiplier in a rear end crash/bump?

That is why i went with the plastic one......at least in a slow speed bump/crash, it won't make it worst and may help??
I'd say for sure yours will have less impact on the frame. But honestly, I think even that metal one will give/dent/crack long before the hitch or the frame. But I suspect it will transfer 95% of potential bumper damage to the other vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,750 Posts
here you go. I bought it here:

Thanks, @Hawkot . Now that I look more closely, I see that for the additional $84.08, the Go Rhino comes with a LOCKING hitch pin. (/sarcasm - those locking hitch pins can easily be unlocked with a hammer in about 4-5 seconds. Ask me how I know...)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Mine's arriving this week. Decent price and a ton of positive reviews

Reactions: Lucky Jack

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
This is what I got: MaxxHaul 50234 Hitch Mount Bump Step https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZX1TPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PDE4NHA2GFBD6H8Y7RJS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

All plastic. Shock absorbing in low impact crash. Big enough to use as step.

I like that, but wish it didn’t have the big oval branding. I don’t do that kind of advertising.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For those that bought the Bully referenced above, did yours come with any kind of shims? Mine moves around alot in the hitch, more than I prefer. I've seen reference to shims but there was nothing in my box nor the documentation included.

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
For those that bought the Bully referenced above, did yours come with any kind of shims? Mine moves around alot in the hitch, more than I prefer. I've seen reference to shims but there was nothing in my box nor the documentation included.
I’ve always been annoyed by hitch rattle, and recently found rubber gasket devices that seem to help - they compress and put the item in the receiver under tension. I got cheap ones off Amazon.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts