Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
For those that bought the Bully referenced above, did yours come with any kind of shims? Mine moves around alot in the hitch, more than I prefer. I've seen reference to shims but there was nothing in my box nor the documentation included.
The shims were too big so I just wrapped the shaft in electrical tape (others talked about Gorilla tape but I had none). I just added a little at a time until it was snug enough to not rattle. Took maybe 2 minutes and 12-15" of tape total. Now totally OK!

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E White/Beige HPD bronze (no decals)
94 Posts
If anyone makes it to Harbor Freight you should pick up this wrench while you're there, it's longer than any others I've found and the price is right. It on the shelves with the hitch balls/steps, not where the other wrenches are displayed.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport 4x4
5 Posts
Really wanted a bumper, but this one came with a step. I like it for $65. It’s about a 1 degree off so it slightly slopes to the right. I’ll fix that with a bit of JB Weld on the receiver to tilt it left slightly.
View attachment 424796
"SUPER BUMPER" has been my choice for more than 12 years and three Ridgelines
it absorbs impact and reduces whiplash by 22%. See website for an education on rear-end collisions and why body shops hate them. SUPERBUMPER.com

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
"SUPER BUMPER" has been my choice for more than 12 years and three Ridgelines
it absorbs impact and reduces whiplash by 22%. See website for an education on rear-end collisions and why body shops hate them. SUPERBUMPER.com
This is intriguing, but I think the impact would need to be within a few degrees of square on to be effective - 15° or so to each side. That, and I don’t care for the shape and texture for something being used as a step although adding more antiskid tape would help. But innovative! If they came up with a square profile design, I could be interested.

Reactions: Lucky Jack

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is intriguing, but I think the impact would need to be within a few degrees of square on to be effective - 15° or so to each side. That, and I don’t care for the shape and texture for something being used as a step although adding more antiskid tape would help. But innovative! If they came up with a square profile design, I could be interested.
$200 is also kinda expensive.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport 4x4
5 Posts
Well it would seem you are destined to learn for yourself. I cut the cover on my 2010 Ridgeline back in 2011, then went out and bought one. Have had four of them, I give them as presents also.
SF
B6

·
Registered
27 Posts
The shims were too big so I just wrapped the shaft in electrical tape (others talked about Gorilla tape but I had none). I just added a little at a time until it was snug enough to not rattle. Took maybe 2 minutes and 12-15" of tape total. Now totally OK!
Now there's something I hadn't thought of. And I have way too much electrical tape laying around.(y)

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
Well it would seem you are destined to learn for yourself. I cut the cover on my 2010 Ridgeline back in 2011, then went out and bought one. Have had four of them, I give them as presents also.
SF
B6
Do you have any business affiliation with this company?

Reactions: SeattleR

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Just received a Bully. Opened the box to find the unit was welded on an angle. Installed on the truck and it's closer to the bumper on the right side than the left.
Back into the box and returned. sigh...

• Angry
Reactions: HeavyDuty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was considering buying a hitch mounted step but wonder if it would interfere with use of the trunk since at 5' 7" I would need to stretch forward to lift and place an item (especially heavy ones) in the trunk. Is this an issue for anyone?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was considering buying a hitch mounted step but wonder if it would interfere with use of the trunk since at 5' 7" I would need to stretch forward to lift and place an item (especially heavy ones) in the trunk. Is this an issue for anyone?
Not with my Bully. No issues at all with accessibility. Plus looks as though it came as standard equipment with the truck.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Good point. Wouldn't want to increase the chance of a back injury from lifting while reaching out further from the body.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts