Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time finding level ground to measure my factory hitch on my 2017 Ridgeline RTL. I will be towing a Little Guy 5 wide with a recommended hitch height of 16". Does anyone know the hitch height of the RTL or the drop for the ball mount for 16". Also, any recommendations for ball mounts would be appreciated. I am thinking of a Curt pre-loaded mount. I don't want to send for something that won't fit. I have a Napa forged mount from a previous CRV and the shaft would not slide all the way into the factory hitch to line up the pin hole. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have been using a Convert a Ball .out when towing my boat. Has a rubber cushion in the ball mount it's self. I also belive it's a 3 or 4 inch drop. You really can feel the difference between this ball mount and the standard ones. Highly recommend them. Even though my RL is a G1. I'm thinking you G2 guys can use it. CABELA`S has them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
To the bottom of the hitch on my RTL-E is about 17.5 inches. Interesting fact - that's a full inch and a half HIGHER than the hitch on my 2003 F150 SuperCrew 4X4!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
the shaft would not slide all the way into the factory hitch to line up the pin hole.
The draw bar we use does not slide all the way into the factory hitch. I recall a thread where people were discussing draw bars and how the Honda factory one did go all the way in.

We use a hitch tightener for any rattles (it feels solid) and went aftermarket. I think we got either a Curt or a Reese... we have several different ones with different rises/drops for different tow vehicles. Don't know what the drop is on the factory bar, but with our tiny boat with a tongue weight of something like 60lbs, there is nearly no squat and it's low down, so we needed a 5 inch drop.

Found thread: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/33-racks-hitches-towing/164777-hitch-receiver-question.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts