Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I bought my Ridge without a hitch. I want to add one, but the Honda dealer here wants $695:eek: for just the hitch (install and tax) but the harness is another $169 but no extra labor(go figure!). I can buy all the parts from H&A for about $535 shipping incl. and the local dealer will install it for $150 or just try to do it myself. Would going with an after market be a bad thing, b/c cause I don't think it will be anywhere as expensive as the OEM route.... Please help :confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I bought the Honda hitch and harness last night from http://www.cheaphondaparts.com for $354 +s/h. I plan on installing it myself.

The main reason I went with the Honda Hitch was I like the clean look of the wiring. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mayfielh said:
I bought the Honda hitch and harness last night from http://www.cheaphondaparts.com for $354 +s/h. I plan on installing it myself.

The main reason I went with the Honda Hitch was I like the clean look of the wiring. Just my opinion.
That's what I liked also, but I didn't know if Ilike it $700 dollars worth.
Thanks for the info, I'll check that out.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I ordered the hidden hitch with their wiring for under $172 including shipping from www.ontheball.com. I was contacted that they were backordered, so they're sending the draw-tite for the same price ($119.xx). You could always go aftermarket hitch with OEM harness and still save some $$$.

No more than I'll use it, OEM wasn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
swampler said:
I ordered the hidden hitch with their wiring for under $172 including shipping from www.ontheball.com. I was contacted that they were backordered, so they're sending the draw-tite for the same price ($119.xx). You could always go aftermarket hitch with OEM harness and still save some $$$.

No more than I'll use it, OEM wasn't worth it to me.

ditto. I agree. Get the aftermarket hitch and the Honda wiring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any suggestion on the cheapest place to get the OEM wiring harness, and how difficult will installation be for an average person with average mechanical/electrical skills?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I consider myself to have "average" electrical/mechanical skills and I was able to install the harness and hitch with little difficulty.

The only challenge I faced was locating the plug under the dash. You have to be a bit of a contortionist to get under there to find it. Oh, and I dropped one of the relays under the dash and a grimlin under there must have ate it, because it disappeared! I had to buy another one for $5.00

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
T Mac said:
How heavy is the OEM hitch? I assume it has to be about the same as anything aftermarket...
I think the shipped weight is 60lbs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
T Mac said:
How heavy is the OEM hitch? I assume it has to be about the same as anything aftermarket...
the weight is around 50-60lb but shipping is considered OS2 i believe because it is about 4 ft long and exceeds shipping box size requirements so shipping costs more than just weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts