Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually... i personaly think it would be very usefull. Im a big guy my self. (topping the scales at about 280). and every time i use the back bumper to climb up in my truck i have this BAAAD feeling im going to bend or break the bumper.. i may actually look for one of these!!!! Did you actually buy one or did you just see it in a catalog? can you direct us to a site to look at it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got that exact step on my finance's Grand Cherokee. It looks really nice on it and does give you a good place to step up to wash the roof and place bikes in the rack. It also looks pretty boss as viewed from the driver's point of view in a Miata! It really screams "stay back or get eaten!" I might try it on the Ridge to see how it looks. I keep a ballmount in the hitch just to act as a center punch to idiot tailgaters.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just added the Go Rhino one...

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Looks good paulmooney. I have been thinking about getting one of those but I wonder if it will interfere with my back-up sensors.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It most likely will, zero. The drawbar on my wife's Windstar sets off the backup sensors.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Great finds, thanks! I like the model with the backup sensor built in but I would like to hear from someone that has one before ordering one. After reading earlier posts about backup sensors I am somewhat concerned about only having two 'sensors'. They probably consist of one ultrasonic transmitter and one receiver, but there are other possible technologies as well. I would also like to know about the device that goes in the cab and the installation requirements.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I would also like to know about the device that goes in the cab and the installation requirements.
The Go Rhino website has an area in it's FAQ/Tech section for Instruction Sheets, but at the moment it says "Coming Soon".

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Have had one for 5yrs:act035: I have a 24" one, find it very useful when accessing the bed of my RL:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the lighted bully bar from amazon. Was around 40 dollars and is pretty nice. Not as long as the rhino bars but it is cheaper and blinks when you have hazards or turn signals on and also works as a extra brake light. Leds are not super bright but get the job done at night. Having an extra step is nice getting into and out of the bed. I added a hitch lock onto it so no one can add it to their truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
I got the 36" for $94 shipped. Spent another $13 on a lock. Pretty stoked to finally start personalizing my RL.:act035:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Got the 36" GoRhino in as well as the Trimax lock. I like the look, but I think I'm gonna live with the slight rattle because the anti-rattle device is an eye-sore.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts