Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Hitches from compatible vehicles?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  larryr 
#1 ·
I'm looking at trying to get a trailer hitch to add to my '08 RL from one of the pick and pull junkyards. Does anyone have any information on which RL years or other Honda vehicles (and years) would be compatible with the '08?

Chris

#2 ·
Chris, I picked up a new Curt 13385 Hitch from ebay for $125 shipped 2 or 3 years ago. My local junkyards charge a minimum fee that make it worthless for some parts (seems like it's a $75 minimum fee last I checked, iirc).

I suggest that you get the OEM wiring harness to complete your tow package (vs a 3rd party wiring kit). You'll pay more but will be glad you did down the road.

You might be able to find a deal on a used OEM hitch at the junkyard. But if that min fee applies, maybe not such a great deal in the end.

#7 ·
Draw tite lists different numbers for the RL and the Pilot

#8 ·
2006, 2007 and 2008 Ridgelines use the same hitch that bolts to the undercarriage.

2009 and newer Ridgelines are built into the bumper mount and cannot be replaced on other models.

I don't think any other vehicle has mounting holes in the same locations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.