Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After programing the Home Link to my garage door I notice there is a little light next to the Home Link buttons that comes on and stays on when I turn on my head lights. I've had Home Link in other vehicles and it has not done this. Am I the only one? Is this normal in Honda vehicles? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The yellow light isn't part of Homelink

It is there to illuminate the area infront of the middle dash and arm rest storage area.

Audis have a similar setup, works quite nicely.

-W

·
Registered
307 Posts
As an aside, am I the only one who wishes these Homelink buttons were lit, or backlit? Seems like I always have to fumble for the buttons at night. Although at least they give tactile feedback... :eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I too wish the HomeLink buttons were back lit. At this point I've memorized their position so it's not much of a problem now. :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Has anyone tried "glow-in-the-dark" paint on these buttons? Just wondering...notice it is a pain-in-the-butt to try hitting the right button at night, expecially if you have the other buttons also programed for other doors.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just wished my homelink buttons worked on a genie system.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Both of my garage are genie and work with the home link.

One is 15 year old garage opener. The other one is 2 year old.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nicholas said:
Has anyone tried "glow-in-the-dark" paint on these buttons? Just wondering...notice it is a pain-in-the-butt to try hitting the right button at night, expecially if you have the other buttons also programed for other doors.
Hey, now that's a darn good idea. I'm going to do just that, yipee, another little project for the ridge. Probably won't glow much at night if no light source has charged them up recently but any color other than black should make a difference. Hmm, think I'll just use my silver paint pen, match my metal trim and all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
JulesK said:
I just wished my homelink buttons worked on a genie system.
Yah, JulesK the homelink oughta work with Genie.

I must have at least 100 remote controls around here, consider myself an expert at it, but had lots of trouble w/getting the Homelink set up. In one case I was surprised I had to use an original remote to get it working--couldn't use the backup Clicker model, not sure what that was about.

Anyway, follow the instructions carefully and it should work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Home Link Question-JulesK

I have a genie also (with "rolling code"). Mine works, I had to follow the instructions in the genie manual for programming a "standard remote"-then it worked fine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well OK, I am just an old Dummy. But I did manage to get the home link working after one of you guys told me what to do. SO there!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I must be doing someting wrong with setting up home link. I also have a Genie with the rolling code. I have tried everything. Once I hit the button on the head unit it begins to blink as expected, however the head unit does not respond when I try to associate it with one of the homelink buttons. I even pulled the truck into the garage thinking distance was a factor. :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had some trouble getting my Sears rolling code openers at first until I figured that you had to follow the directions to the letter, and most important was holding the remote right up against the home link.

Once I did all that everything worked great!

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
vertrkr said:
Hey, now that's a darn good idea. I'm going to do just that, yipee, another little project for the ridge. Probably won't glow much at night if no light source has charged them up recently but any color other than black should make a difference. Hmm, think I'll just use my silver paint pen, match my metal trim and all :rolleyes:
Wife says they have "glow in the dark craft paints" at that Big Box Store called Wal-nut or something.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Snapshot I tried several times as instructed by the web site. I think I will try what JuleK indicated with the original remote

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I followed the directions in the Honda owner's manual and got the buttons to work. However, the system sometimes works flawlessly and, at other times, doesn't want to open the door at all. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that the door is aluminum and is blocking the transmission of radio from the home link.

Does anybody know if it's o.k. to lengthen the antenna on the opener to improve reception???

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 20 year Gararge door and could not get the home link to work with it. Going to give it another try now that the weather is getting colder and it may be nice to leave with out scraping the windows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
ROC has done it again. Finally got me off my backside and outside, setting up the HomeLink in the Ridgeline. Works like a charm. It does seem a little less sensitive than the handheld remote.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This is one attribute my RTLw/XM and MR came that I have no use for, but probably paid for...don't have a garage. I wonder if I can program the homelink to turn on my computer and sign in to the ROC and on the New Post while I parked in my open driveway....now that would be something worthwhile paying for :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts