Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Paul and I’m addicted to Hondas. It is true…. and I have to admit it. I have been reading everything I can on Tacomas and Ridgelines and finally settled on a new to me 2006 Honda Ridgeline with under 70k miles. She has some “personalization” which takes the pressure off of me. I figure that when you buy used they have the added feature called, “pre-scratched” which helps you get over the initial terror of the first parking lot ding. I tend to be OCD when it comes to keeping vehicles clean, but if I buy them scratched a little I just deal with it.

Why did I buy the Ridgeline over the Tacoma? Well, I liked the trunk, I realized that the Ridgeline is taking me to the same places a Tacoma would (not bagging on Tacoma it is a more serious offroader, but I’m not into serious 4x4ing. The Ridgeline does fire roads just fine), Ridgeline is very comfy, love the trunk, AWD, love the trunk, and it is Honda. Did I mention that I am a Hond-alic and I love the trunk? I wanted a rig to take me to the MTB trail and get me out CX skiing in the winter. The Ridgeline fit the bill, and boy does it ever drive nice. I think it is honestly one of the most under rated pickups out there for the home owner. I also love, I mean love the trunk in the bed (did I mention I can be a bit obsessive?). Our two youngest can sit in there and take off their boots after sledding without having to worry about them falling off the tail gate. I think that is really cool that they can shed their wet clothes, and get inside a nice warm passenger compartment with ease.

I look forward to running up the odometer, gleaning some wisdom from other members, and sharing what I can share as I use this vehicle.

Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome Paul! I have been a member here for about a week and have already learned a lot. You will enjoy it here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome Paul...I am new also, just joined....and just bought an 2010 Ridgeline RTL...Wherebouts do you live in Montana? im from the Kalispell area

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
So many new members on one thread! Welcome to the house of help. This place really does provide so much good stuff; for oldies same as newbies.
If you haven't see it, you might review this thread with general tid-bits about features of our RLs. There's another similar thread somewhere too... I don't remember how different they might be... but if you feel like exercising your searching skills..... have at it! Glad to have you all aboard! :) :act030::act030:

(There are also some very helpful stickies in several of the category heading sections).... or whatever you'd call them.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...light=what+you+may+-know+about+your+ridgeline

1 - 6 of 6 Posts