Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL, Metallic Steel, Black Leather, Gray Wheels, Chrome Nerf Bars, Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau
15 Posts
Got my Ridgeline on Friday and installed the Revolver x4s rolling hard top cover. Haven't had a chance to test it for leaks yet because of this heatwave, but love how it turned out so far. IMG_0403.jpeg IMG_0401.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
A Honda accessory hard Tonneau cover was part of the purchase price for my '21 RTL-E. Delivery was April 24th. The Tonneau has been on 'National Backorder" with no ETA available. No one seems to know why this happened, or when the thing will be available. I'm thinking about asking the dealer for a refund of the tonneau price so I can go buy one aftermarket. Yeah I know: Low odds on that working. Anyone out there have any information on this issue, or know where there is a secret stash?
I ordered and paid for an add on tonneau cover from my Honda dealer locally and after waiting almost 2 months, I requested a refund and got it. I told them I would try again next year or maybe get a different style cover besides the Honda. As far as the recall, they had plenty of straps to satisfy the recall. It is simply additional strapping for the cover to secure it better when you are driving with it in the rolled up position. He told me he just couldn't get the cover right now and had no ETA either.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
60 Posts
I ordered my OEM Tonneau Cover in early April shortly after buying my 2020 Ridgeline. Still waiting.....
big reason why I went with the cover I mentioned earlier- availability. I like oem but if o have to wait forever…

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Modern Steel Metallic
4 Posts
Got the OEM tonneau cover late February when I picked up my 2021 RTL-E. No wait - guess I was one of the lucky ones. So far so good re: functionality of the cover itself. Interesting read on this thread, though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the OEM tonneau cover late February when I picked up my 2021 RTL-E. No wait - guess I was one of the lucky ones. So far so good re: functionality of the cover itself. Interesting read on this thread, though...
I got the Revolver X4 for $800 and installed it in two hours. It’s aluminum lined, looks great, and maximizes the vertical load capacity versus any trifold cover on the market while maintaining excellent rear window visibility when rolled up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I almost got the recalled OEM version last September, but it was cancelled the day before install. Waited until a couple months ago, and finally got the Ridgeline (last new OEM version in stock at our dealer) tonneau installed by the dealer. We've had no issues so far. It's doing what I needed it to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Honda accessory hard Tonneau cover was part of the purchase price for my '21 RTL-E. Delivery was April 24th. The Tonneau has been on 'National Backorder" with no ETA available. No one seems to know why this happened, or when the thing will be available. I'm thinking about asking the dealer for a refund of the tonneau price so I can go buy one aftermarket. Yeah I know: Low odds on that working. Anyone out there have any information on this issue, or know where there is a secret stash?
I ran into the same issue with an after market product. Weathertech had one to me in 3 days and fit great

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the Revolver X4 for $800 and installed it in two hours. It’s aluminum lined, looks great, and maximizes the vertical load capacity versus any trifold cover on the market while maintaining excellent rear window visibility when rolled up.
Bought a Peragon cover for my 2020 RTL-E for about 1000.00 Fits nice, looks good, very secure and easy to use. Rails limit full opening of the trunk but does not affect functionality. Cover is removeable after you open it and you can store it in the back of the vehicle. When fully open, you loose about 8 inches of space, but the bottom of the bed is still accessible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the factory tonneau for my 2020, and in my opinion it’s worth waiting for. Let’s you lock up the bed and the under-bed trunk tight as a drum, great for my peace of mind 😁

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
106 Posts
Got my Ridgeline on Friday and installed the Revolver x4s rolling hard top cover. Haven't had a chance to test it for leaks yet because of this heatwave, but love how it turned out so far. View attachment 414202 View attachment 414203
Needing a cover before a 2K mile trip, I was debating whether to wait indefinitely for the OEM or not until I saw your install pics.

The x4s was my first choice after the OEM, am now waiting for delivery tomorrow.

Hopefully install will be quick and easy for a tired, lazy, injured guy.

·
Registered
2017 RTL
26 Posts
I bought the factory tonneau for my 2020, and in my opinion it’s worth waiting for. Let’s you lock up the bed and the under-bed trunk tight as a drum, great for my peace of mind 😁
BAK G2 flips up/back in seconds, is strong enough for me to sit on, is 99% water tight, cleans up to near new appearance, does not rattle or flap. It lays flat and seems like new after four years. No holes installation took about an hour and I have ten thumbs. Spendy though-about $900.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
My Undercover UltraFlex tri-fold is five year old now, and still looks practically new. I like that it folds up vertically to the cab, leaving nearly the entire bed length for bulky items and it easily removable. The carpeted underpanels provide a finished look, and keep the truck bed cooler. I paid around $800.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Black Edition
10 Posts
I had a different experience when I got my 2021 black BE some months ago. After waiting two months for the truck to come in, I discovered the truck came with a package that included the OEM tonneau cover, a load net, a first aid kit, trunk dividers and a trunk net. It was not in the deal we negotiated so I figured it would be a deal breaker for me. The dealer said they knew the package would be on the truck so there was no change in the sale price. I was happily surprised but a bit bewildered since I had a new Lomax cover sitting in my garage. So, I took the OEM cover off, installed the Lomax and will sell the OEM. Funny they are putting the covers on the factory trucks but folks are not finding them for order.
I’ve been waiting for the black painted alloy wheels that look like the bronze HPD rims for a couple of months too. They just came in and will be installed next week. Supply chain issues, I guess.
By the way, If your are looking for an OEM cover and near northeast PA, we should talk!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cancel that order. Check out the Undercover trifold. Bought for my 21 RTLE and love the quality and price compared to the oem.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
106 Posts
well, I just installed my Revolver X4s.

First reaction, it's great.

However, the install took foreveeeer. Although equppied with all the tools and instructions, I apparently left my IKEA deciphering tool at home.

Spent over an hour just trying to get the wrong parts to fit....oh, boy. Then spent the next 2.5 hours in direct sun and 93°, and when the shade came I spent the last hour surrounded by a cloud of mosquitos that must be a harbinger of the Apocalypse.

Good times.

Have to fine tune the fit when I'm not dripping in West Nile virus.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
I moved the UltraFlex tonneau cover over to the 2021 RTL and the fitment seems to be a bit different at the back of the vehicle. The rails seem to be in the same place, as they are sitting on the plastic trim in all the appropriate areas, but the drivers side of the tonneau cover is slightly elevated when closed, allowing significant water intrusion. We attempted to adjust the rail, and adjust the plastic trim at the tailgate, but there really was no change. My next step will be to remove the rail and make sure the seal is laying down properly on the bedcap.

It fit perfectly on the 2017.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts