Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a long time lover of Hondas and Acuras. I have owned/shared an Accord, two Legends, an RSX Type-S, and an MDX. All of these cars have been incredibly reliable, and suited my needs at the time.

For the last couple years though my sole vehicle has been a '98 Volvo S70 T5 that I bought right after college (long story short, I went to buy a 3.2 TL, but wasn't the early bird, and ended up coming home with the Volvo). Another long story short, I got into repairing and modifying it as a hobby (I'm a mechanical engineer), and now there is no way I could sell it for the money I have put into it (plus it's wicked fast and a blast to drive). It is however, horrible in the snow, not pet friendly (love my dogs), and no longer completely reliable. So my solution, buy a truck as my second vehicle. At first I was debating between a Tacoma and a Ridgeline, but as soon as I test drove a Ridgeline, the decision was clear. I never even bothered to test drive a Tacoma. I love my Ridgeline and wish I would have bought one sooner.

There are a few modifications I plan on making to the truck, but first I want to learn more about it, so here I am.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep, I was a Tacoma Guy too until it was time to get a new truck. Test drove a few RLs and the decision was made.

And a used RL is thousands cheaper than a Tacoma with the same options. Win-win.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Welcome to the ROC and congrats on your Ridgeline. I looked at Tacomas and even Colorados on line, but one drive of the Ridgeline and I was sold.

I always had a thing for Volvos, ever since the P1800 and was really smitten with the 850 T5 series. It was my wife's turn to get a new car in 2009 and she was thinking about an SUV, I persuaded her to test drive a V50 wagon. She liked it but wanted something bigger. No dealerships within driving distance had any V70s as the model was being pulled from the US market due to slow sales, the dealer agreed to transport one from another dealership 1,000-miles away and we bought it. I wish we could have gotten an R-Spec V70, but we were lucky to get one at all. So now our garage holds two innovative, practical, safe and awesome, but under appreciated vehicles. :)

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
:act030:

Welcome - you've made a great choice and if you can handle the occasional ribbing and have a warped sense of humor, you're in the right place !

:act030:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club! I too, tried to like the Tacoma... one test drive in the RL and it was soooo long Toyota!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts