Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announcement:

We now have a line of Honda Official Licensed Chrome Air Valve Caps. This set will add the finishing touch to your wheels. :cool:

This is an 8pc. set, ( 4 chrome ABS caps and 4 stainless steel valve stem sleeves.) It's not just a chrome cap on a black rubber stem. This complete set really finishes your wheels. The total 8pc. set sells for $17.50 + S&H

Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, for photos and more information, please visit our site. These sets are now part of our stocking inventory and are ready for immediate shipment.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hey ROC Heads, I have a set of the Honda Air caps on the Raider and it was definitely a nice addition to my chrome wheels. I will post pictures for you to see soon!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Caution on metal tire valve caps.

The one that were on our trucks - metal- when bought new were sent gray platic caps as those in areas where roads are salted have had corrosion issues and the caps fusing to the valve stem causing some to have to replace their TPMS sensors in their rims (as it is part of the valve stem).

I would suggest if you must use it to put some water resistent grease - marine type - on the threads so when you go to put air in your tires your are not stuck paying for a repair. Someone recently posted about this problem, but many knew of it due to Honda sending to us the plastic caps unsolicited.

RidgeLI

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
Can you post a picture of the valve stem covers. I've been to your website and they're not listed and there's no pictures. Do they just slip over the valve stems, or are they replacement, thread on pieces that replace the stock units. Also, will you sell the covers separately. I've already got the Honda logo valve caps, with plastic inserts.

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
Thanks.....

It looks like the sleve is just that, something that slips over the valve stem. What I wonder is will it slip over a TPMS valve stem. They're a bit bigger than a standard rubber valve stem. I've got four extra TPMS sensors which I've rebuilt with new rubber gastes and valve cores. I've cleaned and polished the gray aluminum so it will be a bit dressier than the stock gray color for my wheels, but if these sleves will work, I'll go that route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caution on metal tire valve caps.

The one that were on our trucks - metal- when bought new were sent gray platic caps as those in areas where roads are salted have had corrosion issues and the caps fusing to the valve stem causing some to have to replace their TPMS sensors in their rims (as it is part of the valve stem).

I would suggest if you must use it to put some water resistent grease - marine type - on the threads so when you go to put air in your tires your are not stuck paying for a repair. Someone recently posted about this problem, but many knew of it due to Honda sending to us the plastic caps unsolicited.

RidgeLI
In Response to a few questions. The Honda Licensed Chrome Caps are ABS and not metal. They are made of an ABS composite material and are coated with a polycarbonate coating. The Logo's are permanent, fade resistant, waterproof, and scratch resistant. The caps will fit on all standard air valve stems. Each cap is fitted with an O-Ring to ensure an airtight seal.

The sleeves are stainless steel and slide over the standard rubber valve stems. NOTE: They will not fit on the TPMS Valve Stems.

In the future we will offer them separately, until they are listed feel free to PM. us. Jerry/SCA

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hi guys, here are the pictures of the Honda Air Caps I got. Because I have tpms valve stems, I only use the caps. They still stand out on my chrome wheels! :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts