Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • New sheet metal (front fenders and hood with "power bulge")
  • More upright grille
  • New front bumper
  • Side vents that route air through the bumper and around the front tires and wheels
  • Body color is extended farther down the front bumper
  • Prominent "skid plate"
  • Reshaped rear bumper (loses chrome inserts)
  • Twin exhaust outlets
  • "Tougher looking" 18-inch wheels with backspacing reduced 10 mm, increasing track width a total of 20 mm
  • All-season tires with a new, more aggressive sidewall and shoulder design
  • New HPD Package adds a unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics on the bed walls
  • Four new PPO (dealer-installed) packages that include HPD, Utility, Function and Function+ packages
  • Volume knob
  • New contrast stitching on the seats
  • Sport, RTL and RTL-E trims have new dash, steering wheel and center console accents (carbon fiber texture)
  • Standard, updated LED low-beam headlights (high beams are still halogen)
  • Wireless phone charger
  • Turn signals in the mirrors
  • LED fog lights
  • Smaller front turn signals
EDIT 10/16/20: Regarding the plastic fender flares, please note that these are optional - they do not come standard on 2020 Ridgeline.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I was expecting so much more....it really only appears to be a front end refresh, which is needed, and an improvement, but I see nothing here that will make me look to upgrade over my 2019.....
I think it's a pretty big deal if Honda indeed plans to do an actual redesign (G3) in 2023. This is more of a much-needed refresh that we all wanted for 2020.

Looks like Honda may have been busy with the plant while it was closed down for COVID-19.

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was expecting so much more....it really only appears to be a front end refresh, which is needed, and an improvement, but I see nothing here that will make me look to upgrade over my 2019.....
Relatively speaking, this is pretty significant because new sheet metal for a MMC is almost unheard of these days.

The only other time I personally recall a sheet metal change in between generations was for the "emergency" 2013 Civic revision after the highly-criticized all-new 2012 Civic debuted.

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
Standard Safe Collison Warning features. Good to see that. Looks like they downplayed the 2wd being FWD with comments about the AWD features of this and that. Whatever. It's a good AWD system. I'd like to know if they've improved the Transmission cooling system personally. The one that's on these 17's is suspect.

Steve

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's interesting that the infotainment system gets a volume knob, but it's not the newer infotainment system with updated graphics and 4G LTE connectivity found in the Odyssey/Pilot/Passport. I'm glad to see it didn't get the new "Fisher-Price" instrument cluster with the horizontal tachometer.

Still no LED high beams.

Does PPO mean dealer installed options?
PPO = Post Production Option (dealer-installed)

Ventilated seats and power folding mirrors in US?
There are no controls for those features in any of the photos or videos.

·
Registered
326 Posts
ZRoger73, What other changes did the 2021 Ridgeline get other than the new grill? a volume knob? Passport Infotaintment?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I admit I was wrong on another post where I said the Passport nose would be as 'masculine' as it could get without looking odd. This looks pretty good. Really good actually. The fender flares still look odd (the cut out for the gas tank and the abrupt end at the front door, but it fits a little better than prev years. Would like to see some pics of lower trim vehicles

Would be interesting if there are unmentioned changes to the suspension to facilitate the new offset (considering the brouhaha here anytime someone adds spacers or aftermarket wheels)

Other than that damn ZF9 I would entertain trading in my 2017.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I wonder if visibility over the nose has changed at all with the extra nose bump. Not that I can see my hood anyway, but a big detractor of the other trucks I test drove was the huge bus sized blind spot in front of the vehicle because I'm too short. That said, this look may have to grow on me, because it kind of looks like the G2 had it's face mushed in like a pug.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Even though I have a 2020 RTL-E, I'm a sucker and will probably jump on this. I had two RAM 1500s between my G1 and G2s and really liked the cool stuff - aka dual exhausts, power bulge, etc. Everything indicates the same interior dimensions, so I can probably just most my accessories over (even the Extang tonneau which has been on my 2017 and 2020).

1 - 20 of 410 Posts