Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

401 - 420 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
My feelings too. Honda needs to stop trying to be a "real man's truck" and simply be a Honda Ridgeline. Put development and money into make it a better vehicle, not trying to make it look "rugged".
From Honda's perspective...we can spend a little bit of money on a sheet metal change and potentially increase sales significantly. Given how well received the front end change is, even on this forum, could result in a meaningful sales increase with very minimal engineering/manufacturing costs. They could possibly make a minor change that results in a notable increase in sales. That's what one considers "smart business".

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,385 Posts
My feelings too. Honda needs to stop trying to be a "real man's truck" and simply be a Honda Ridgeline. Put development and money into make it a better vehicle, not trying to make it look "rugged".
Yes but it won't sell as long as it looks like a minivan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, my family has owned many, many Honda vehicles and I was sold on the Ridgeline because it mirrored our Pilot and Passports, compatibility so that whichever one we are driving, they are pretty much the same. And I traded my F150 King Ranch for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes but it won't sell as long as it looks like a minivan.
However, I think Honda did it right with this refresh - to make it look more like a truck. The current mug on trucks are starting to look cartoonish and over-styled. Just make it square with square lights. That's all a truck really need to be.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
...., and I use the Audio power button to Mute/Pause which I hate, I'd prefer an actual pause button, I don't listen to the radio, I bring my own music. Anyway, I wish they just added that button instead of a volume knob.
Is THAT how you're supposed to pause/mute on this HU? I've been trying to figure that out for almost a year! Who the heck came up with the idea to label a pause/mute control as "Audio Power"?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Probably not the same designer as my 2019 and 2020 Mazdas which have a mute button, but not an audio power button! :)
I dropped my truck at the detailer this afternoon so I can't go out and push the button to see what happens, so what does happen? I just assumed(yeah, I know) that it turned off the power to the head unit and the display went dark. Is that what happens? Or do you revert to the Home screen? Or does it display the audio file/radio station/audiobook/whatever you're listening to with a pause indication? Does the system reboot and reconnect when you press the button again or does the display revert immediately to where you were before? And what happens if you're using CarPlay?

I'm not trying to be flippant, I'm honestly curious. I just scanned through the 70-odd pages on the audio system and I couldn't find anything on what this button does. Now you've made me curious and I won't get my truck back until Friday PM.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
574 Posts
you go to the home screen

Edit: I started doubting my answer so I went and checked.
I kind of lied, it depends on what screen you were on to begin with, you just stay on that screen.
But if you were on the Audio screen, then it puts up a message saying that audio is off. I don't usually stay on the audio screen because the dash screen tells me what song is loading before it flips back to compass.

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
However, I think Honda did it right with this refresh - to make it look more like a truck. The current mug on trucks are starting to look cartoonish and over-styled. Just make it square with square lights. That's all a truck really need to be.
Or a square front end with round lights. I would prefer that they used the old sealed beam round headlights from the 1970s/80s - then we could easily replace them with legal LED retrofits.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No 360 camera. No update on the infotainment. No update on the Honda Sensing. No hybrid engine. It is not convincing enough for me to opt-out for the new Ridgeline for a new bumper, grille, fender flares, and wheelset. I would catch a better deal in 2020 or even a 19.

·
Registered
Future Ridgeline owner 91'Dak 13' Focus 12' Fusion
32 Posts
I think the infotainment is updated or at least they added a volume knob witch I don’t think matters that much to me

·
Registered
246 Posts
No 360 camera. No update on the infotainment. No update on the Honda Sensing. No hybrid engine. It is not convincing enough for me to opt-out for the new Ridgeline for a new bumper, grille, fender flares, and wheelset. I would catch a better deal in 2020 or even a 19.
My thoughts exactly. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a better tasting pig.

I really love my 2019 the way it is. The only thing I really want is cooled seats. The rest is just fine. I am not fond of the base radio, but I'll probably replace it. I have a Sport, so that's an option.

I really don't want anything else. I bought the 2019 Sport because of what it DOES'T have. No sunroof. No safety nannies. No start/stop. No 9-speed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the new look! I have a 2008, was not a fan of how gen2 looks. I was planning to upgrade to an electric truck but I don't know if i can wait that long (riding on 180k miles). So I was going for a 2014 model but now I might wait for the 2021 Ridgeline

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
24 Posts
I sure hope Honda puts higher quality front seats in at least the top Ridgeline models. Slightly longer seat cushions and wider more supportive back cushions would be nice.

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
The only change to the seats appears to be the cloth inserts on the Sport trims and contrast stitching on all trims.

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
I'm guessing a different pattern, texture, and/or color of fabric for the middle sections of the seat bottoms and/or seat backs to add a bit of contrast. Perhaps something similar to the two-tone interior of the now-discontinued RT...

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
I like the new look! I have a 2008, was not a fan of how gen2 looks. I was planning to upgrade to an electric truck but I don't know if i can wait that long (riding on 180k miles). So I was going for a 2014 model but now I might wait for the 2021 Ridgeline
If you take care of your truck and maintain and operate it reasonably, you're probably not even at half-life yet at 180k miles. Unless you're in the rustbelt and the truck is about to rust out from beneath you.

401 - 420 of 466 Posts