Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

641 - 660 of 887 Posts

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #642 (Edited)
According to IIHS testing, the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination (5 lux) distance of 171.1 meters.

The Pilot's LED high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination distance of 163.8 meters.

That means the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided the same level of illumination 24 feet farther ahead than the Pilot's LED high beams.

If you want to see farther ahead, you want the Ridgeline's halogen high beams over the Pilot's LED high beams.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing these in person and am all but sold on an RTL-E in silver. The picture posted recently really looks good.

Honda Sensing and the infotainment scare me, though. Admittedly I've never used it, but virtually all reviews pan Honda Sensing for being crude and subpar compared to other manufacturers. I love radar cruise and would hate to have a bad version is my next ride. The infotainment I've seen in a 2020 RTL. It was...rough. Hoping it's noticeably better.

When these come out let's all play it cool with the dealers. I want a discount, not competition with other buyers. : )

·
Registered
163 Posts
Haha, I hate it when facts get in the way of forum posters. This reminds me of all the VCM, auto stop start, oil catch can, etc., owners that just know better than the engineers who designed it.

According to IIHS testing, the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination (5 lux) distance of 109.1 meters.

The Pilot's LED high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination distance of 93.9 meters.

That means the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided the same level of illumination 50 feet farther ahead than the Pilot's LED high beams.

If you want to see farther ahead, you want the Ridgeline's halogen high beams over the Pilot's LED high beams.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing these in person and am all but sold on an RTL-E in silver. The picture posted recently really looks good.

Honda Sensing and the infotainment scare me, though. Admittedly I've never used it, but virtually all reviews pan Honda Sensing for being crude and subpar compared to other manufacturers. I love radar cruise and would hate to have a bad version is my next ride. The infotainment I've seen in a 2020 RTL. It was...rough. Hoping it's noticeably better.

When these come out let's all play it cool with the dealers. I want a discount, not competition with other buyers. : )
I am working with the 5 inch now, so I would be happy to just have apple car play and a nice screen.

As far as sensing, as long as radar cruise works well, I am happy. Lane keeping would be a bonus.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
279 Posts
This reminds me of all the VCM, auto stop start, oil catch can, etc., owners that just know better than the engineers who designed it.
Don't dismiss users of a product knowing more about the product in service than the engineers that designed it. For example: fuel Injectors, transmission overheating and failing, backup camera wire harnesses, water intrusion, fluttering hood, and other examples where users identify issues the engineers were not necessarily aware of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know anything specific about the new wheel offset going from 55 to 45mm? I was planning on getting a set of the honda chrome look wheels with my new ridgeline but as I understand those are 55mm offset designed for the 2017-2020. Are they going to change these to 45mm offset or not?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wonder what these other packages will include? Below info found on web.
New Packages
If the standard looks aren’t enough, Honda also revealed a Honda Performance Development Package that gives the Ridgeline a different grille treatment, black fender flares, HPD graphics and some0
cool-looking 18-inch bronze wheels.
Honda is calling the HPD Package a post-production option and named, but did not detail, three others: Utility, Function and Function Plus. All four packages will be available on any Ridgeline, according to Honda.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Does anyone know about the low beam headlights and if they will be LED? It doesn't look promising to see non led DRL's on a lower trim.

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
The press release states: "Design changes include a new hood sporting a pronounced power bulge, and new front fenders that emphasize the squared-off nose and more upright grille, flanked by LED headlights updated for better illumination." It does not exclude or include any specific trims which suggests LED (low beam) headlights will be standard on all trims. Features that are limited to specific trims typically use language that specify such, for example: "An available In-Bed Audio system utilizes four “exciters” to turn Ridgeline’s entire bed into an outdoor speaker (RTL-E and up trims)."

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
The press release states: "Design changes include a new hood sporting a pronounced power bulge, and new front fenders that emphasize the squared-off nose and more upright grille, flanked by LED headlights updated for better illumination." It does not exclude or include any specific trims which suggests LED (low beam) headlights will be standard on all trims. Features that are limited to specific trims typically use language that specify such, for example: "An available In-Bed Audio system utilizes four “exciters” to turn Ridgeline’s entire bed into an outdoor speaker (RTL-E and up trims)."
Thanks @zroger73. It looks like those pictures of the white one didn't have fogs though. If I look at the E the tiny fogs are below the blinkers.

·
Administrator
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #656 (Edited)
This new video from an Oklahoma dealership shows they got a Black Sport HPD in, and says another is already in transit for next week. I hope so, I've been checking daily so I can buy a 2021. Youtube, 2021 Ridgeline Sport
The car salesman in the video states that Radiant Red will be a new color. At first, I was skeptical since he also said Honda will only be making AWD Ridgelines which is contrary to the press release. However, the 2022 Odyssey is available in Radiant Red Metallic II instead of Deep Scarlet Pearl. What's equally interesting is that the 2022 Odyssey appears on Honda's website already and there's not even been a press release and it's only January 2021! Radiant Red reminds me a bit of the old Red Rock Pearl which should please red shoppers!

·
Registered
410 Posts
According to IIHS testing, the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination (5 lux) distance of 109.1 meters.

The Pilot's LED high beams provided an average minimum useful illumination distance of 93.9 meters.

That means the Ridgeline's halogen high beams provided the same level of illumination 50 feet farther ahead than the Pilot's LED high beams.

I looked at iihs.org and I could not replicate those findings. I looked at 2021 first since that's what it pulled up and then 2020, but the graphics show longer distances.

The other thing I wonder about with the LED lights is how much variation there is between individual vehicle samples. With the pilot charts the trims both have led projectors, but there is variation between the trims with the lower trim doing better on the led projector low beams. Seems odd that Honda would intentionally put weaker headlights in the higher trim. I think it's more likely that the silicon lottery got the best of the upper trim in this test, but I have no info to back that up with.

I'm not sure there is much advantage in getting built in LEDs besides looks maybe. It seems very expensive to replace if they go out and you certainly won't be upgrading or changing them out if a better color temp is available or you see a high cri headlight option for a reasonable price in the future.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The car salesman in the video states that Radiant Red will be a new color. At first, I was skeptical since he also said Honda will only be making AWD Ridgelines which is contrary to the press release. However, the 2022 Odyssey is available in Radiant Red Metallic II instead of Deep Scarlet Pearl. What's equally interesting is that the 2022 Odyssey appears on Honda's website already and there's not even been a press release and it's only January 2021! Radiant Red reminds me a bit of the old Red Rock Pearl which should please red shoppers!

View attachment 408639 View attachment 408640
In considering a 2021 Ridgeline, I decided I'd most likely prefer the Ivory interior over the black but wasn't sure I'd like the new styling in white and there's no way I'm buying black. I really never liked Deep Scarlet Pearl as it was just too dark for my liking. I do really like the Radiant Red on the 10th Gen Accords though, and I think that color would look great on the new RL. Here's to hoping they offer Radiant Red/Ivory as an option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the youtube link. Funny that Honda has not updated the website for the 2021

Fingers crossed - still hoping for Black forest pearl (green) as a color selection...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’d be thrilled if the ‘21 RL was offered in Aegean blue as is the CRV. The red looks decent to me, but I prefer my whites and reds to be non-metallic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

641 - 660 of 887 Posts